PDA

View Full Version : Guess my bodyfat percentage

greemah
11-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Pics attached. Any estimates of my bodyfat?

Currently 187lb, 6', and eating 2200cal per day on a cut but been on that for a about a month with no more weight loss. No idea how the hell people get down to like 8%.

Hugol
11-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I dont know ur bodyfat but iam 5'9 and 188lbs and I dont look anywhere near that lean.:(

joey54
11-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Off one pic like that. Anywhere between 12-14%? Kind of tough to tell, but thats my guess.

greemah
11-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Hmm ok I'll put some more up in a few hours

greemah
11-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Changed the pic to 3 from today. Any more opinions?

Is it possible to get down to 9-10% without cardio? I'm currently on 2200 cal per day, made up of about 200g protein on every day, around 215 carbs/55 fat on workout days, and about 115 carbs/100 fat on non workout days. If it's not possible without cardio, realistically how much cardio would it take?

Joe Black
11-25-2010, 01:34 AM
I would hazard a guess to say you are about 15-16%, but I would encourage you to think less about the number and more about how you feel with what stares back at you when you look at the mirror.

The one thing I will say is you are reasonably lean over the shoulders, but you still are holding a bit of fat on the chest/stomach which is very typical for guys. Trust me, very soon every 1lb you lose will make a noticeable difference.

As for what you ca lose with or without cardio, its hard but I would say you gotta start doing some.. Unless you have pretty good genetics for getting lean, most people are going to have to put in 2-3 hours a week to get to 10%. Plus, cardio keeps you healthy, so get it in :)

I would continue to do what you're doing, and add in an hours cardio and evaluate after two weeks. Slowly reduce calories and add in 30 mins at each point you feel nothing is happening and you'll get there.

chevelle2291
11-25-2010, 05:18 AM
I would hazard a guess to say you are about 15-16%, but I would encourage you to think less about the number and more about how you feel with what stares back at you when you look at the mirror.

The one thing I will say is you are reasonably lean over the shoulders, but you still are holding a bit of fat on the chest/stomach which is very typical for guys. Trust me, very soon every 1lb you lose will make a noticeable difference.

As for what you ca lose with or without cardio, its hard but I would say you gotta start doing some.. Unless you have pretty good genetics for getting lean, most people are going to have to put in 2-3 hours a week to get to 10%. Plus, cardio keeps you healthy, so get it in :)

I would continue to do what you're doing, and add in an hours cardio and evaluate after two weeks. Slowly reduce calories and add in 30 mins at each point you feel nothing is happening and you'll get there.

Agree with this. I would also say if I werw you I'd probably bump up my protein quite a bit to make sure you dot lose muscle. Anywhere between 250-300 grams would probably do you well. Without loys of protein, you'll probably lose a lot of strength as well as muscle on your cut.

Behemoth
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I had you at 16-18 in the first two. And 22 in the third. You're in some weird light and not-so-conventional shots so you might get a wide array of guesses here.

You can do it without cardio. It's just about getting yourself in the proper calorie deficit. Most find it's easier, more manageable, and quicker to add some sort of cardio though. You're macronutrient ratios look good on the surface. But you say you haven't been losing weight. How long have you been dieting now?

greemah
11-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I will up the protein and add in 2 hours of cardio per week and see how that goes. Is it normal for 6' males to go to 2000 or less calories per day?

I have been dieting for about 3 months now, and had a cheat weekend at one point and one cheat day also. I am doing the leangains thing where you only eat within an 8-hour period each day and have the biggest amount of food around training.