PDA

View Full Version : Your Mid Morning/Afternoon meal for the bodybuilding business man/woman

Matt04
11-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Hey guys,

Was wondering what type of meals you guys have for your mid morning/afternoon fill ins. I currently have the below but feel this is quite boring and wanted to see if there was any exciting alternatives i could have. They would need to be quick and calorie dense as this would be for bulking.

Mid Morning/Afternoon i usually have a gainer w/ glutamine and creatine and a natural nut muesli bar, about 700 cals each.

Any new ideas would be great.

JSully
11-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Hey guys,

Was wondering what type of meals you guys have for your mid morning/afternoon fill ins. I currently have the below but feel this is quite boring and wanted to see if there was any exciting alternatives i could have. They would need to be quick and calorie dense as this would be for bulking.

Mid Morning/Afternoon i usually have a gainer w/ glutamine and creatine and a natural nut muesli bar, about 700 cals each.

Any new ideas would be great.

country crock loaded pototoes with cottage cheese on top, mmmmmmmmmm...

or FMV mac & cheese w/ beef mixed in

Off Road
11-24-2010, 07:27 AM
Besides the big three meals...

Around 10:00 I have a mixture of fruit, nuts, and beef jerkey (or left over dinner meat)...snack stuff to keep me going at work

Around 4:00 I have a Nitrean shake mixed with milk...this is post workout

Around 9:00 I have another Nitrean shake or a healthy portion of cottage cheese...right before bed.

greemah
11-25-2010, 08:04 PM
boiled eggs, and also almonds

Focused70
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
Besides the big three meals...

Around 10:00 I have a mixture of fruit, nuts, and beef jerkey (or left over dinner meat)...snack stuff to keep me going at work

Around 4:00 I have a Nitrean shake mixed with milk...this is post workout

Around 9:00 I have another Nitrean shake or a healthy portion of cottage cheese...right before bed.

heh. of course you outweigh me by 80 lbs.

I have about 4-5 meals a day. depends on if it's crazy busy at work or not.

right after getting up, 7-8 am I'll have a glass of Nitrean with or without milk, or some cottage cheese.

somewhere between 10-11, oatmeal, or eggs/home fries/juice or a breakfast burrito.

between 1 to 3 (I prefer late lunches because if I eat too early in the afternoon and there isn't a lunchtime workout scheduled, I tend to become drowsy and lethargic), some chicken breast or fish with rice and a salad. sometimes it's a tunafish sandwich.

I keep yogurt, trail mix and fruit in my office. our pantry stocks up on milk like no body's business ... so if I'm feeling peckish I'll drink a few glasses.

dinner rolls around 7-8. more chicken, fish or lately I've started to eat dead cow. Dead cow sounds so much better than dead bird, come to think of it.

I'll have a bowl of cottage cheese right before bedtime. When I was younger, I'd mix it with tunafish. These days I prefer it plain, with some black pepper.

If I'm out and about running around the City doing filings, then all of that goes out the window and I eat when I can but I still get my calories in. it just won't be as evenly spaced out as I'd like it to be.

anonymous1
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I start with an MRP with 600 cals as soon as I wake up. Take 2g of microlactin also.

An hour or two later I have 2 cups of oatmeal mixed with 3 scoops protein powder.

5g fish oil with each.

Basshog
12-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Almonds, sandwiches, protein bars, yogurt with blueberries and granola.

I start with an MRP with 600 cals as soon as I wake up. Take 2g of microlactin also.

An hour or two later I have 2 cups of oatmeal mixed with 3 scoops protein powder.

5g fish oil with each.

mchicia1
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
I hate eating...

Nitrean shakes with milk have been a god send for helping me put on weight/muscle! I have 6 scoops on workout days, all in 16 oz of milk. Then more milk before bed..

<3 milk.

I have a stomach though, so that may not be the best strategy if you are serious about bodybuilding. I just want to look yoked while wearing clothes, which is what I have on 99% of the time, so I am aiming to just get as big as possible and some stomach fat is acceptable.