PDA

View Full Version : These children learn from cigarette burns, fast cars, fast women, and cheap drinks

Malesh
11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Introduction:
I guess I can start by welcoming you to my newly formed log, and I hope you enjoy your time reading about my lifting progress and where all of this takes me. I think it was finally time for me to create a log here so I can hold myself accountable for everything I do to make sure I keep progressing and to allow me to keep looking forward. In the same sense I will use this log to obviously track my progress but most importantly look back at where I was and where Im currently headed. I cannot simply imagine what I will feel in 5 years from now when I come back to visit this log to see what my workout was like today and how far I have truly come. And yes! I do plan to maintain this log for FIVE plus long years!(If everything stays in place)

So thanks for visiting my log and hopefully you become inspired along the way. Feel free to comment with constructive criticism or ideas about my current programming and progress, I would love to hear from you.

About Myself:
I guess you can call this the get to know me part and my lifting experience as well. For those of you who do not know me my name is Michael and currently at this time I am seventeen years old. I enjoy listening to music(also how I got the name of this log), hanging out with friends and just enjoying life for what it is as it moves along. And oh, I guess you can also say I enjoy the whole lifting thing as well.

As for lifting experience I am honestly relatively new at this time. I have been formally lifting since July 18, 2010 but have been more serious about my health and getting fit since late 2009. The reason I started lifting was because frankly I wasn't happy with myself. After years of being lazy and building up fat and eventually becoming skinny fat it got to the point where I could NOT stand myself anymore, nearly committing suicide several times, comming home from school and just sleep all day because I was depressed. I decided I had to make a change so I did. I started to clean up my diet by choosing healthy foods which was not easy but after the first few weeks it got easier. As for my "training" I started with push-ups and other bodyweight exercises in my room and I remember I couldn't even do 3 full push ups when I started but a few months later I started lifting and I actually started to get strong and people noticed, thats a single part of what makes this great.

In July 2010 when I started I had no idea what powerlifting is now its a goal and dream of mine to compete in powerlifting and Olympic lifting. Lets say training has turned my life around in so many ways.

I can probably say Ill talk more about myself and my life in this log at later points whenever I feel like something should be brought up or maybe help some people get motivated.

What Keeps me Motivated:
Seeing the change in my body, mind and, strength. Its also great hearing other people finally acknowledging you after so many years from being ignored for being strong and so many other things. I don't want to let myself down, nor the people I know.

Goals:
I have several goals at this time which I will layout here to allow any readers to get an idea where I am headed and for myself down the road years from now to keep me going and to see how much I have changed.

Become Strong(er): I want to become stronger Physically, Mentally and just in general. I plan to do this through my lifting and wherever life takes me. No matter how much training sucks, or however long Im stuck on a lift for I will know that if I stick with it just a few weeks or months away I can achieve my goal. I like going by the small victories in life as they give you something to live for. Right now, whats my "big victory"? No idea. In five years I doubt Ill know then.

Looker higher of myself: I want to view myself as a better person by having more confidence and looking more highly of myself rather than always being depressed and down. Starting what Ive always wanted to do instead of dreaming of it and actually seeing physical results is something that will help me achieve this goal.

Motivate myself and others: I would like to motivate myself to keep going through all the tough times and at the same time I would like to become an inspiration to other people through this log. Granting people insight and hope with whatever their goals may be. Here is one of my favorite quotes to help me keep on going...

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road youíre trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but donít you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Donít give up though the pace seems slowĖ
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victorís cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside outĖ
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when youíre hardest hitĖ
Itís when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Author unknown

How I plan to utilize this log:
Besides doing the obvious of logging my daily and weekly lifting sessions and any conditioning I do I also plan to explain all my workouts and how they went etc like some other members do so here. I plan to also do occasional 'write ups' which is like a blog where Ill write articles on lifting, experiences and just topics in general that I think can help others in their goals. At the start of each program or something special Ill do a little post as to what I plan to do, for how long, goals and what I expect. I plan to do the same for when I finish a goal or program etc to allow others to see my total progress. As time goes on Ill add what I feel I need to and at the same time make this log as nice as I can.

Well thats it for now, I won't be able to edit this a few years down the road from now so what I have here is where I started and I promise to keep this log up to date. Lets see where I am in five years shall we? Pretty excited for this journey now that I have a home to keep everything logged for me and everyone to see.

I guess no more edits, lets see where Ive gone in five plus years!
LIFT STRONG!

-MadDogMalesh

NOTE: I originally posted this blog on another forum but since I am now registered here I will copy everything from my next workout and onward since Ive been doing it since October it would be too much to copy all at once here. So yeah Im just going to pick my log up on WBB starting with my next session to make it easy. Enjoy!

Malesh
12-01-2010, 07:24 PM
11/29

Press & Squat's & Rows

Once again I changed a few things. Everything is relatively minor and really all it is is rep changes and some poundage's; relatively the same volume though. I despise changing my programming so often but when I originally switched some stuff up a few weeks ago I knew it would work out well; and it has, but the fact is some things like my press just doesn't want to grow. Some things that Ive changed should have been that way in the first place. Good workout kind of cold(and its only going to get WAY worse) but by mid threw squats I was fine in a short sleeve shirt.

Floor Press:
45x10
80x5
100x3
100x3
100x3
115x2
115x2
115x2
130x1
130x1
130x5

I am going to give this like 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. More ME style than I have done before but to be completely honest I blew threw this. I used a projected max by calculating 130x5(as its the most I have ever truly done w/ FP) so it was my warmup, 3x3 70%, 3x2 80%, 3x1 90%. Thing is the 90%'s felt relatively easy yet my set max is like 130x5 or 6-7 reps. So based off that projected max these are the numbers I got yet I felt MORE in the final set than I did the entire workout really... Might just have to give it some time since Im not used to it. Annoying as 130 is really the max I can do for a few sets of 5 and these numbers are based off that but they don't feel to help?

Box Squats:
45x10
135x5
170x5
205x5
225x5
250x5
250x5
250x5

Pretty good. Should be how Ive been squatting in the first place instead of doing something like 45x10->170x10->200x10->working sets so thats a positive. 250 was a little challenging with my current condition but my the end of the week if I keep eating enough I should hit everything fine.

Assistance Work

Pavel's Pullup Routine:
BWx3
BWx2
BWx1
BWx1

Going to be doing this everyday. Also as a reference this is his 3RM version that I will do everyday for as long as it lasts and then do the 5RM version. Doesn't seem like much at the moment I know! Keep in mind I do this everyday and the reps change etc... Google greasing the groove if you want to know about it. Hoping to get stronger and bigger lats out of this. Slow negs.

Towel Rows:
150x10
150x10
95x10
95x10
95x12

Took a barbell and loaded all plates on one side, warped a towel around and did rows. I do these for a reason.

Malesh
12-01-2010, 07:24 PM
12/1

Military Press & Shrug's & Squat's

Eh so much on my mind right now just about lifting and life in general. Some days I don't feel like lifting after school but I know it will pay off. Man lifting last week during break was great so during winter break I plan to put in some hard work once again but yeah some days I come home drained from school. Everything is going good I guess. Somewhat funny Im starting to look fatter, lol, but Im not eating enough to gain fat. Ive heard its because Ive now been squatting/pulling better so my abs are getting worked more and I guess that makes me seem bigger.

So I guess a good workout not sure what else to say except those damn shrugs just don't want to make my traps grow. Might have to start doing sets of 10.

GPP/Warm up
TRX Face Pulls
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

TRX Overhead Tricep Extension
BWx10

TRX Reverse Curl
BWx10
BWx10

Light Gripper
2x20

Main Lifts

Military Press:
45x10
95x5
110x5
120x5
120x5
120x5

Squats:
45x10 ultra wide stance no box
135x10 ultra wide stance no box
170x5 ultra wide stance no box
205x5 Shoulder wide stance no box
225x5 Normal width stance added box
250x5 medium stance box(for all 250 sets)
250x5
250x5

Assistance Work

Pavel's Pullup Routine:
BWx3
BWx2
BWx1
BWx1

BWx3
BWx2
BWx2
BWx1

Had to do yesterdays sets and today's sets as I wasn't able to go in my garage yesterday.

Shrugs:
215x5
235x5
270x5
270x5
270x10 straps

Malesh
12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
12/3

Deadlifts & Floor Press's & Squat's

"Will you stop it!... what?... Will you stop lifting all that weight and get in here!" -Mom. Well great workout today Im pretty sore but its not too bad except for the fact that I basically shat my pants 3-4 times while squatting, oh jeez. Anyways don't feel like writing much as I just watched criminal minds and that show can really make you depressed.

GPP/Warm Up
TRX Suspended Rows
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

TRX Ab Roll Out
BWx10
BWx10

Lower Back Rotation
BWx10
BWx10

Hammer Swings
10lbs @ a bunch

Main Lifts

Box Squats:
45x10 ultra wide stance no box
135x10 ultra wide stance no box
170x5 ultra wide stance no box
205x5 Shoulder wide stance no box
225x5 Normal width stance added box
250x5 medium stance box(for all 250 sets)
250x5
250x5

Deadlifts:
155x5
195x5
215x5
240x5
250x5
310x3 rack pull from below knees

Standard still from a deficit and yeah before I started lifting today I decided I was going for the last set. Only wanted at least one 310 pull as I knew my back would not be up for it after squatting and doing my other pulling. Glad it went well I guess. Could have gone better but the cement buckets I had the bar placed on was not in the right alignment after I got the weight on so I had to do a close grip instead of being outside of my legs or else I would have crushed my hands, plus the weight was already loaded so I didn't feel like redoing it.

Close Grip Floor Press:
45x10 close grip
95x5 close grip
110x5 close grip
115x5 close grip
130x5 normal grip
130x5 normal grip
130x5 normal grip

Assistance Work

Pavel's Pullup Routine :
(day 4/5)
BWx3
BWx3
BWx2
BWx1

BWx4
BWx3
BWx2
BWx1

Had to do both days today since I didn't have time for it yesterday.