PDA

View Full Version : My OVERKILL shirt

Brian Weston
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I finally got to try out my new shirt yesterday.
This shirt is incredible. This has to be the best "put together" shirt I have ever owned. Now keep in mind that I am in now way a "great" bencher, but I have been around for awhile and have had the opportunity to try quite a few different shirts.
One neat feature with this shirt, althoughh it is not neccessarilly a performance thing, is the loops that are added at the inside of the sleeve that allow you to hook a ratchet strap to tle back inside end of either sleeve and around your back to that pretty much effortlessly pulls the shirt on.
My shirt is a double ply, with tripple ply sleeves. WOW! this thing is meant to handle some serious weight. It is a shame that at this point I am not strong enough to really put the shirt through it;s paces.
Anyway, this being my first time in the shirt it was just a time to get familiar with it and break it in a little.
I started out with 315, which of course was going nowhere. lol
I used a 3 board and worked through 405, 495 and 550, though I never got to the board I may have been able to force 550 to hit a 4 board. My guess is that I will need about 600 to get close to the 3 board.
I did do 3 reps with each of these weights just to try and work the shirt in just a bit.
I have a long way to go, and need to bring my strength up considerably, but it will happen soon enough. I will be able to get stronger as I learn how to use this shirt. it has been quite some time since I have used a shirt,(years), but I a m looking forward to one day being able to work myself up to a 700lb. bench with this shirt.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT

ct67_72
11-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Good stuff. It should loosen up considerably over the first couple sessions. it took 2-3 to even get the sleeves to start coming up with mine.

shane hammock
12-05-2010, 05:31 PM
what other shirts have you tried

theBarzeen
12-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I just had Rudy add the tabs on my shirt too....... so much easier to get on now.

Kudos for trying the triple sleeves..... I'm fighting hard enough with a standard 2-ply

Brian Weston
12-08-2010, 03:31 AM
what other shirts have you tried

Oh, well lets see... Inzer rage, rage x, double denim,tripple denim(mistake lol) phenom. Titan Katana,
some other Titan shirts,borrowed and Karins. These were all double ply and had multiple alterations.
Karins was my favorite of these.
My last Karins shirt was pretty cool, I had her tighten it up for me and she put a 1 1/2 inch fold right down the center of the front of the shirt, which gave me a 4 ply seam right down the center.
Unfortunately I have had some personal issues goin' on and have not been able to train and get into my shirt again. Hopefully these issues will get worked out soon.

Brian Weston
sponsored by:
OVERKILL STRENGTH EQUIPMENT