PDA

View Full Version : Meet Week

BloodandThunder
12-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Due to boredom from a lack of training this week for an upcoming meet, I decided to generate some traffic with a topic that hits home to all fellow PLers.

What does everyone else do during their meet week? Handle diet, cutting? Thought process, mental prep? Prevent yourself from going crazy? lol

AdamBAG
12-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I usually train on my normal days, but it's super light and easy.

If I am cutting then I focus on that.

I have a pretty busy home/work schedule as it is so I almost always have something else to distract me.

ScottYard
12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I do nothing and love it.

theBarzeen
12-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I do my normal routine only less volume and much lighter....... I try to eat foods that I know agree with me, get lots of sleep, and just relax.
Just like getting ready for a heavy day in the gym..... maybe just some distilled water to shed a few pounds on the last day or two if I need to.

vdizenzo
12-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I train and do cardio all the way up except for Friday. I just keep it light. I used to not train in the past. My resulfts are much better training and keeping busy. Diet all depends on where I am as far as making weight.

BloodandThunder
12-02-2010, 08:18 PM
yea i do two quick workouts up to a few doubles at 70%. usually make sure im gettin 8 hours+ sleep and plenty of water for the eventual cut. the worst part of the week by far is going to the grocery store and seeing all the food when ur near weighins and cant eat anything fun lol. like getting some walking in as well to keep the legs fresh. i absolutely hate 2 hour weighins but i try to make sure i spend as little time as possible below my target weight which makes recouping before warming up a lot easier.

theBarzeen
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I couldn't imagine doing a 2-hour weigh in...... more power to you for being able to do it...... that 24 hours after weigh ins is like my favorite time of year...... all those weeks of avoiding buffets and sweets made up for in 24 hours.....

UncleAl
12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
I do my bench and squat warmups on Monday, along with a few pullups and dips, just to keep the neurons firing. From Wednesday on, I'm usually cutting weight and trying not to let my resultant pissy mood ruin my relationships .