PDA

View Full Version : Losing Fat in the ab area.

Roulette
05-15-2002, 08:57 PM
Hello fellow bodybuilders,

Well I am now 24 years old. I almost have an 8 pack. Problem is that it is covered with a think layer of fat!! I have noticed in the past 2 years my metabolism has slowed significantally. It is very hard to keep the fat off the ab area. I am on a lowfat diet and doing cardio daily. Does anyone know how I can increase my fat loss. Is there any good fat burners out there?

Thanx guys.

BCC
05-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Umm...well a lowfat diet is not the way to go. High protein and high fat diet with moderate to low carbs would be more efficient.

iLUDEd
05-16-2002, 07:15 AM
you need fat in ya diet.. but good fats.. mainly stuff with low levels of saturated fat.. try and get some fats outa peanut butter.. keepin carbs low is what you gota focus on if u wana shed that bit of bodyfat..

Wizard
05-16-2002, 08:03 AM
Moderate carbs,moderate protein,moderate fat...

Sebi
05-16-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
Moderate carbs,moderate protein,moderate fat... lol

Wizard
05-16-2002, 08:50 AM
what else could you expect to hear from a moderator ?

Sebi
05-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Wizard
what else could you expect to hear from a moderator ? Moderate lol

Jane
05-16-2002, 09:44 AM
You cannot lose fat selectively off a certain area. But you can and probably should choose a different approach to diet. Keep up your lifting and up your fat levels. Some people recommend 33/33/33 percent of calories from carb-protein-fat, some 40/30/30 carbs protein fat, and some 40/40/20. Switching to one of these and lowering your calories should help with your body fat percentage.

Roulette
05-16-2002, 08:30 PM
So people you are telling me I have to eat fat to lose fat?

BCC
05-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Well...just because it's fat when you eat it doesn't mean it turns into fat on your body. Most fat is created from excess carbohydrates.

Wizard
05-17-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Roulette
So people you are telling me I have to eat fat to lose fat? :nod: Fat ups the levels of test. It also aids in many metabolic functions,so eat fat to burn fat.

Tiare
05-18-2002, 09:54 AM
people aren't saying "eat fat to lose fat" they are saying eat smart to lose fat. C/P/F is smart. Bottom line is that calories are king and the rest is just fine tuning. In the long run, balance is what's going to keep you in shape.

If you're looking to lose fat quickly, then there are specialized options but in general, you are going to get good long term advice.

MRJ
05-20-2002, 06:09 PM
I can't comment on all the science noted within these posts, I like to keep things simple . . .

Consequently, I've managed to drop 20 lbs. of unproductive tissue (primarily around the midsection based upon measurements) in 15 weeks by SLOWLY decreasing the overall caloric intake from 3,900 to 2,400 whist using a 40p/20f/40c ratio.

The proof in the pudding is that nobody has seemed to notice the weightloss . . . Until I take my shirt off . . . Then it's like Whoa, you've got some abs.

Everything else seems to have remained intact, just more cut-up, which is precisely what we're going for, uh ?

Maybe it will work for you as well.

MRJ
05-20-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
Well...just because it's fat when you eat it doesn't mean it turns into fat on your body. Most fat is created from excess carbohydrates.

More simply . . . Excessive bodyweight (FAT) is created by EXCESS calories, regardless of the type.

jsingh
05-21-2002, 03:46 AM
ive heard of ethergrine tablets, there help u cut up and take fat away is that true? I know i cant spell ethergrine. Is there anything wrong with taking these tablets coz they are illigal????