PDA

View Full Version : Tough Mudder

nejar462
12-03-2010, 06:14 AM
This might seem bizarre but I decided to sign up for this tough mudder thing.

http://toughmudder.com/events/pennsylvania/

Here is a link to the recommended training:

http://toughmudder.com/training-prep/get-fit/

The training seems bizarre, I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas how to train for this crazy thing. I think I can do everything I just don't know if I can scale a 12 foot wall without help haha.

ffkjj
12-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Looks like fun.

I would just run a lot lol

nejar462
12-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Right now I'm doing there recommended routine which is a lot harder than it looks, however, before that I do atlas stone walks, a jungle gym walk, and tire flips.

I'm going to add in some burpees and if I can find a rope to climb I'm going to do that too.

GreggNJ
12-30-2010, 03:28 PM
I've completed two of their events so far - Bear Creek in May 2010 and most recently Tri State. I had an absolute blast each time! I'm signed up for Bear Creek in 2011 as well.

If you can run the distance, you should be good to go. The obstacles aren't particularly tough if you are in decent shape. I will say the mountain at bear creek is just brutal - I would make sure your conditioning is top notch - it really hits your quads too.

If you look at the videos for the Tri State event, I'm the fool dressed like Dorothy. It's just a fun event to help a great cause. The teamwork and camaraderie they talk about - it really exists at the events...and it's just an awesome feeling. You are going to have a great time!

Oh, and the water is effing cold!!!!!

MISTER
12-30-2010, 05:21 PM
I also signed up for the Bear Creek 2011 Sunday. I'm doing it by myself, all my friends are saying its too much money. But i said what the hell i'll do it anyways. Any recommended training tips?

GreggNJ
12-30-2010, 05:47 PM
I also signed up for the Bear Creek 2011 Sunday. I'm doing it by myself, all my friends are saying its too much money. But i said what the hell i'll do it anyways. Any recommended training tips?

I'll be there Saturday - I'm not tough enough for both days...yet. It is a lot, but I think 50 or 60 bucks right off the bat goes to WWP. Don't worry about being alone....everyone really does help everyone else out...you'll be able to find someone to stick with no problem, if you choose.

The hill is brutal, at least it was for me last year...my best advice is get your endurance and conditioning up. The obstacles aren't really strength related - at best you need to lift your bodyweight...even then people WILL help.

Kiff
12-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Burpees are great for fitness mate :)

I have a friend that does all this crazy stuff seems like hell to me but he runs the distance of the race for training 3times a week.

He also does 2 minutes of push ups, sit ups, burpees, start jumps, squat jumps etc etc every 5minutes or something like that.

Might work for you :) Either way best of luck mate! Let us know how it goes yeah?

dedsqtbnch
01-20-2011, 07:33 AM
when i found out about this a few months ago me and some friends and my wife all wanted to do it do i decided to try out some of there workouts and what happens i hurt my shoulder lol powerlifting for a full year has made me so stiff its horrible didnt think i let myself go like that cause i love things like this but im still going to do it next year in florida prob