PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Swiss Bar

vdizenzo
12-03-2010, 08:53 AM
I know EFS has theirs http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=212&pid=2468 and Westside has their football bar (sold out right now). Are they worth the investment? I'm thinking they could be good for shoulder health and a whole bunch of other reasons. Just curious to get everyone's thoughts and hear about different exercises.

AdamBAG
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Vincent, my training partner Scott, who owns Strength and Power Equipment Company, builds what he calls the "multi-function bar." Same idea as the Swiss bar, but the MF Bar has fat handles. I like the bar a lot. Pretty good for overhead work and easier on the shoulders than a straight bar. I really like it for floor presses too. I don't think you would regret buying a Swiss Bar or MF Bar for your home gym. Tons of stuff you can do with them.

Travis Bell
12-03-2010, 09:34 AM
I actually like the T-Grip bar that Louie sells better than the football bar.

It's great for tricep work because it doesn't allow you to flare your elbows and put the weight in your shoulders. I hardly ever use the closer grip though. Feels weird on my wrists.

BloodandThunder
12-03-2010, 09:55 AM
The T-Grip Bar looks pretty sweet. I like the football bar for things like extensions and presses for some variations. But they're absolutely huge when your shoulders are wrecked and you still need to get some pressing in. Also if you get one that isn't too large, you can hold it in a rack position and do front squats, GPP walks, lunges, etc. with it.

douglasoh5
12-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Yes the t-grip bar is better than the football bar and swiss bar. thats my opinion.

vdizenzo
12-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Yeah, looks like a nice bar, but a little steep in the dollar department.

MarcusWild
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM
We just got a swiss bar. I think the two inner grips are mostly useless. Everyone uses the furthers outside grip. It's a good bar for focusing on your triceps. I completely suck at it, so I'm sure it'll help me a lot. We mostly use it for speed work or as a 2nd barbell movement. I don't think anyone has done ME with it yet.

M.T. Neal
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Have you looked at West Cary Barbell? A little better price. http://www.westcarybarbell.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=21&zenid=idcbiutcq06c9di2jllpqeujo5

Michael T. Neal
- Proudly Sponsored by West Cary Barbell-

NickAus
12-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Awesome for rows!