PDA

View Full Version : 463lb (210kg) SINGLE arm deadlift. Just playing around.

ProjectGoliath
12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
TND7VRnLV_4

p.s the 2nd failed attempt was at 220kg (485lbs).

Was during 'deload' week so was just playing. Was pleased with the result. Up 40kg from my previous of 170kg. The 220kg went up nicely until it slipped so no excuses. Not going to be trying them again anytime soon.

TP

borracho
12-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Very impressive!!!

Keith
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
That's incredibly impressive! That's one hell of a hook grip, too. How long did it take to get comfortable with a hook grip? Not that I do it on a regular basis or care to improve it, but even pulling 135 lbs hurt my thumbs.

Invain
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
That's incredibly impressive! That's one hell of a hook grip, too. How long did it take to get comfortable with a hook grip? Not that I do it on a regular basis or care to improve it, but even pulling 135 lbs hurt my thumbs.

x 2. I tried hook grip once and it hurt like a bitch. I'm prolly just a pussy and should practice it more though.

Anyways that's an awesome pull. You look thick as hell too, big legs.

Cmanuel
12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
nice man! Sick indeed.

I'm about to start focusing on hook grip for most of my DL sets. Im tired of missing DLs through grip failure! It'll hurt like a bitch but i'll grind through it

Paul Sousa
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
My guess is hand size plays a big part in comfort with the hook grip. I am 6' and have decent size hands and don't find it too bad.

ProjectGoliath
12-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Hand size does help with hook grip. I find that having my thumb to the side of the bar and not underneath it helps a lot with the pain. The more 'underneath' the bar you go, the more secure the grip i suppose but the more painful it is.

http://www.webefit.com/articles_100_199/ART_140_Img/HookGrip.jpg

^ to the side... (i tried to do it underneath and it felt like my thumb was gonna dislocate :(. )

Saying this, i've had bleeding from the thumb nail, numbness in the bottom inside part of the thumb and general pain but this is usually more significant after the training session and it's all part of building up the strength i think. Like anything else, start slow and go up. If your thumb nail starts to bleed then stop as the last thing you want is the nail coming off...

Other then that, chalk up your hand and your thumb and just go with it. I started hook gripping 3 months ago.. where i got a 130kg single arm dead and since then i've used it for all my heavy deadlifts and rack pulls culminating in the 210kg single arm pull above.

TP

NickAus
12-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Very impressive, I'm going to try it and aim for 405.

f=ma
12-07-2010, 02:51 AM
why didnt you curl it? my image of you is shattered

jk nice lift!

Behemoth
12-08-2010, 02:51 PM
holy ****