PDA

View Full Version : First USAPL Meet Lifts

Kiaran
12-07-2010, 05:00 PM
This was my first Powerlifting Meet. Finally got my feet wet and had the time of my life! Weighed in at 154 lbs and finished the day with a 1096 total. Goal was to break 1000, so I'm happy with this. Felt like sharing these on the pictures forum. Enjoy:

9CxOHCK-8bg

Vjou6jWnWI0

yZjMv1odFas

joey54
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Good job, but you always want to get better too, right? Your squat setup and walk out are killing you. Seems like you are traveling way too far back and doing too much instead of just picking, taking two short steps back(just enough to clear the racks), taking in a big breath, and squatting. Your unrack stance seems very wide too, but maybe you are comfortable with that. But tighten that up and you have the potential to do so much more.

It was more pronounced in the first attempt, but your hips shoot way up in your deadlifts before anything else. Either just start with them a tad higher to cut out the wasted movement, or build up that area to keep them where you want to be.

Squat depth is fantastic. I know depth is a sore subject, but that is the type of depth that leaves no doubt and what I prefer.

Kiaran
12-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Good job, but you always want to get better too, right? Your squat setup and walk out are killing you. Seems like you are traveling way too far back and doing too much instead of just picking, taking two short steps back(just enough to clear the racks), taking in a big breath, and squatting. Your unrack stance seems very wide too, but maybe you are comfortable with that. But tighten that up and you have the potential to do so much more.

It was more pronounced in the first attempt, but your hips shoot way up in your deadlifts before anything else. Either just start with them a tad higher to cut out the wasted movement, or build up that area to keep them where you want to be.

Squat depth is fantastic. I know depth is a sore subject, but that is the type of depth that leaves no doubt and what I prefer.

Awesome, thanks Joey. Feedback is always welcome and you bet I plan to get better. I noticed that on my deadlift awhile back and plan to start with my hips a little higher in the future. Just haven't worked it into the muscle memory yet. On the squat, I will try and get back to my old three step setup. Really appreciate the words, bro. Depth felt awesome for sure. I actually train to a 16" box, which is about 5" higher than you see me hitting for competition there. I threw the box out and pulled my knee sleeves off about 8 weeks ago to start training for the meet and it seemed to carry over well. Gonna continue this and see if the gains keep coming.

f=ma
12-11-2010, 05:52 PM
nice man, very good lifting. very strong dead!

Cmanuel
12-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Good stuff man. I'm really glad we were able to compete together. Here's to 1150 next! I'll be doing the one in March.