PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Bosshogg300
12-08-2010, 09:10 AM
with my new rountine i do 2 max and 2 dynamic days but on the max uppper day after my max effort movement i did lockouts then skullcrushers for my 2 tricep movements should i switch them every 2 weeks or every week, like this week do floor presses and do db tricep extensions. And my second question is when should i deload, or do i just deload when i start to feel beat down a little and how long do i deload

Dan Fanelli
12-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I dont think there is a set "rule" on when to rotate them. The bigger guys moving more weight will probably rotate them more often.

Im less experienced, so it takes a few weeks to get used to the move and make some gains from it. So I pretty much am going with 3 weeks before switching it. But also you dont have to change the movement entirely. For lockouts, you could change your grip, or the pin setting, and for floor press you could change the grip or add bands. Other than that, probably just make larger changes if you start to stall too much on it.

As for your other question, I have wondered this as well. And again I dont think there are any hard rules on it. The whole Conjugate system is supposed to avoid the need for a deload, but everynoe is different.

My advice would be to learn how to tell when your body needs a break from intensity, and when your body just needs less volume. When I need a break from intensity, i'll maybe do a 3-5RM on ME work, or switch up the exercises, and when I need a break from volume, i'll usually just shorten my workout by cutting something.

Others might be able to chime in on this, but with Westside, you should be able to train pretty damn hard for quite a few weeks without a deload.

ScottYard
12-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Liftig isnt square peg......square hole stuff. Do what works for you. No rules only guidelines.

Dan Fanelli
12-08-2010, 03:21 PM
^^^ Exactly! If something worked for everyone in every situation then everyone would do it and we'd all be deadlifting 800 lbs.

To the OP, I think what matters is YOU figure it out. The ONLY thing that matters is that your bench, squat, and deadlift increase. With westside there are "indicators" and as long as those are increasing you are good to go. Other than that just listen to your body and deload if you think you need it.

AdamBAG
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Some people like a planned deload with the conjugate system, maybe every fourth week. If you read Westside's log on their site you'll see they don't have a planned deload. You will see posts like "me and Lou felt beat up so we did high rep db work instead of benching with the other guys." There is no right or wrong answer to this, as Scott said.