PDA

View Full Version : My Results experiance

Butcher
12-08-2010, 11:45 AM
First, I would like to start by saying im not one that is nuts for supplements, or even think that highly of a lot of whats out on the market. While I feel that some work, there are other things I would rather spend my money on, so buying supplements is pretty low on my priority list.

I had tried the old results with something like 80-90 grams of carbs and it seemed like 2/3 of the time I would feel funny after taking it due to the large amount of sugar. The container I had wasn't full, got it from a friend, and I really didn't notice any performance effects from it, but I was also forgetting to take it a lot too.

About a month ago I ordered a container of Results because I had an upcoming powerlifting meet (The Luke Edwards Benefit, December 5) and wanted an extra boost. I had saw since I last tried Results you had cut the carbs by a lot so between that and some of the reviews I was willing to give it a shot.

I had the goal of squatting 465, benching 300 and deadlifting 525 for this meet. I wasn't all that confident as the meet was approaching. A while back I made a rash decision to revamp my deadlift training and it didn't pay off at all and I realized the 525 wasnt happening. 445 would be a 5 pound meet PR and months prior to the meet I couldn't pull anything over 445. 3 weeks prior to the meet I missed a 450 squat, didn't even come close. On bench I knew 300 shouldn't be a problem but I still wasn't confident until 2 weeks out. I dont remember exactly what I benched, but counting chain weight and band tension was probably like 500 at the top, ok, not really but it felt like it too me and for the first time I started to feel good about this meet.

Come meet day and I had probably been taking Results for over 3 weeks, maybe 4. I opened with 405 and it was the easiest 405 squat Ive ever done. I took a 5 pound PR squat on my second attempt and did it easy enough that I knew I had that goal of 465 with no doubt. I just had to get under the weight and make it official, which I did.

My bench opener was an easy 275,for a 5 pound PR as expected. I took 300 on the second and put it up with minimal struggle. 315 I wasnt succesful with, but feel I came close. I really feel if the bar had been one pound lighter it would have been a good bench.

Now for the dreaded deadlift. I opened with a very conservative 405, not really knowing what to expect after heavy squatting and benching. Easy enough. 445 was a 5 pound PR and the weight went up far easier than it had ever in the past 4 or so months. I knew I had more and chose 480 thinking it would be really heavy but still be reasonable. I didnt want to risk leaving the meet with only a 5 pound deadlift PR as I had done at the last meet. I got it with some struggle and knew I had another 10-15 pounds in me. The day ended with a 100 pound PR on my total.

Im not making any rediculous claims about how Results shot up my strength by 150%. But I really do feel it helped me just enough to turn a good day into a great day. Maybe if that 5 pound PR squat didn't go up as easy as it did I wouldn't have been as confident getting under 465. And I know that successful squat really helped set the mood the rest of the day. So in closing I just want to say thank you for putting out a quality product and I think Im going to have to rethink my veiw on supplements.

Joe Black
12-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback Butcher, I'm glad Results helped you out - impressive numbers by the way!

Off Road
12-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Ya, I'll say...very good numbers. It must feel good to have everything come together at the right time. Sounds like Results was just the thing you needed, that and a ton of effort.

chris mason
12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
That's cool! I was at the meet, I wish I had met you.

Chris

Butcher
12-09-2010, 05:40 PM
That's cool! I was at the meet, I wish I had met you.

Chris

Next time I'll introduce myself. I was kind of focused mostly on myself during my time there. I am the guy with the red goatee in Travis's bench video.

Tom Mutaffis
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Sounds like Results worked well for you, 100 pound PR on your total!

Ruff Riff
12-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Ah, the suppliment world will now encounter the Eli!

Good stuff E, got me some as well, two tubs! Gonna take it all and see what happens!!!