PDA

View Full Version : which is the more useful lift?

sandcracker21
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Between upright row and dumbell lat raises, which is more useful as an accessory lift for oh press day? I know neither will help the press much but I am going to add one to the end of my day and can't decide

Kiff
12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Between upright row and dumbell lat raises, which is more useful as an accessory lift for oh press day? I know neither will help the press much but I am going to add one to the end of my day and can't decide

Would be helpful to see the rest of the day before anyone could really help mate :)

Behemoth
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Lateral raises.

AdamBAG
12-09-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't think it matters. Don't sweat the small stuff.

ScottYard
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Depends on the person. I cant even do a uprightrow any more lol

Behemoth
12-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Depends on the person. I cant even do a uprightrow any more lol

Ill piggyback on this and say if you're going to do upright rows do them with dbs.

I actually do somewhat of a mix of the two. I start pulling them up like an upright row but pull them out more to the side activating the lateral head much moreso than a strict upright. I also keep my elbows bent more than a lot of people i see do when performing lateral raises. The deltoid can raise a lot more weight than a lot of the smaller muscles. When people go straighter arm one of two things occur -- 1. They're forced to use less weight in order to complete the upper half safely or 2. They tend to get ahead of themselves with the weight because they can handle it down low but that weight up high is only getting there because of momentum, and that is a recipe for injury.

theBarzeen
12-09-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't think it matters. Don't sweat the small stuff.

agreed 100%

if you feel up to it do both..... doesn't really matter

don't sweat the petty, pet the sweaty.......