PDA

View Full Version : Question on Inzer's Iron Wrist Wraps Z

MPB
12-09-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm planning on buying a 10mm belt for this holiday and I've been needing another pair of wrist wraps, so I thought I might as well just buy both from Inzer.

I currently have APT's Convict Pro and if you have used both, I'd like to know if Inzer's Iron Wrist Wraps Z can provide the same support for pressing heavy weights. If you know a better product, I'm interested in hearing that also. Thanks.

AdamBAG
12-10-2010, 08:02 AM
The Iron Z's are stretchier than the convicts for sure. If you like a stiffer wrap like the Convict you will not care for the Iron Zs. They are a good wrap, but they aren't stiff like the convicts. I liked the Iron Z's for knee wraps though. Really solid as a knee wrap.

You might try APT's 2X wrap (or whatever they are called). Maybe "the wrap" is what they are calling it. I like those a lot.

MPB
12-10-2010, 09:27 AM
The Iron Z's are stretchier than the convicts for sure. If you like a stiffer wrap like the Convict you will not care for the Iron Zs. They are a good wrap, but they aren't stiff like the convicts. I liked the Iron Z's for knee wraps though. Really solid as a knee wrap.

You might try APT's 2X wrap (or whatever they are called). Maybe "the wrap" is what they are calling it. I like those a lot.

Thanks Adam. I really appreciate it. I'll probably stick with the convicts. I've heard about "the wrap" but it sounds like overkill for me, at least for now.

AdamBAG
12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks Adam. I really appreciate it. I'll probably stick with the convicts. I've heard about "the wrap" but it sounds like overkill for me, at least for now.

Not problem. You have a VERY good bend at 165. Close to 2 times bodyweight.

EFS also has their own brand. I have the superheavies. They are slightly more supportive than the convicts, but not as much wrap as the 2XH or 2XHs. They aren't IPF legal though, so not sure if that would apply to you, but it's something to think about when buying equipment.

MPB
12-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Not problem. You have a VERY good bend at 165. Close to 2 times bodyweight.

EFS also has their own brand. I have the superheavies. They are slightly more supportive than the convicts, but not as much wrap as the 2XH or 2XHs. They aren't IPF legal though, so not sure if that would apply to you, but it's something to think about when buying equipment.

Thanks. My convict's velcros are not sticking together that well anymore. So I've been thinking about just buy another pair, or get a velcro tape and sew them onto the wraps (cheaper alternative but time consuming). EliteFTS' wraps look pretty good, I'll definitely consider them if I decide on buying a pair.

douglasoh5
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
I think the inzer wraps are good.

jtteg_x
12-11-2010, 04:32 AM
Inzer has a true all black wrap that is a hybrid between a cast like and comfort. I would say its a crossover between my titan titanium and EFS super heavy. One of my training partners used to have 36" Iron Z's. I tried them but didn't care for them much. Much similar to the Titan titaniums

muscle_g
12-11-2010, 07:21 AM
I use the long Inzer True all Black wraps, and I really like them I feel it gives my wrist lots of support.

overload865
12-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I have used the inzer,titan, apt , and a couple of other brands. I like the Inzer Z's the best. Just received the 36 inch true black and Z's. I really like the Inzer Z wrap best of all. Was a big titan fan until I grabbed those Z wraps. Apt's hybrid wraps are great as well. Z's top the list for me though.

jtteg_x
12-12-2010, 03:14 AM
^are the Z's more stiff (cast) or comfort than true blacks?
the velcro on my true black wraps are wearing and i need a new pair.

overload865
12-12-2010, 01:39 PM
True black are the more cast like feeling to me. Z's are the more comfortable feel. Both give great support but I like the Z's better.