PDA

View Full Version : If you go hungry for a while do you loose muscle mass?

Cassius55
12-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I frequently go hungry sometimes, if Im doing something I wait to eat for a while, all I ate today was a little breakfast sandwhich from tim hourtens (a more healthy fast food chain in canada), Other then that I drank milk, a lot to help deal with the hunger. I fell asleep for a bit after coming home, due to 0 hours sleep last night.

Im worried Im losing muscle mass because of this, I have dropped weight, 6'0 170-174 lbs, and was 183 lbs not long ago but I have been exercising to.

GWilly
12-10-2010, 04:03 PM
You've only ate one thing for the entire day? Holy crap!! Yes you are gonna lose muscle mass and fat super fast at an uhealthy rate. If you are trying to cut, you should slowly lower the amount of calories you take in every day instead of going from eating 3 full meals a day to just eating one and drinking milk.

To keep your muscle mass, you need to EAT, and workout properly.

Cassius55
12-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I just have constipation issues sometimes but increased my fibre intake, Im starving right now and really need to stop living like this, I need to build muscle mass.

soclydeza
12-10-2010, 07:31 PM
do you intentionally go hungry? i dont think a single day of not eating much, or a single night with hardly any sleep will effect you much. SINGLE being the key word, you should be regularly eating and getting the right amount of sleep every night if you wanna gain mass. unless you're a genetic fluke, you will not gain any mass if you arent eating and sleeping enough. it may be a pain in the ass if you're used to not eating on a regular schedule, but it will all pay off once you start noticing gains.