PDA

View Full Version : Hamstring problem PLEASE HELP

kingns
12-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I am getting a sharp pain in my glute ham tie in, on one side, at the top of squats, GM's and sometimes deadlifts. I've had this pain for a while now (at least 6 months) off and on and it really worries me. Sometimes it hurts pretty bad. It deffinitly feels weak in that area and a wide stance GM really aggrivates it (to help describe where it is) I've gone through a full meet prep with this problem, did the meet, and am now pretty close to meet prep again with this same problem. Im not sure if this is a nerve thing like sciatica, but I've never had a problem like this and know people injure their hamstrings pretty easily. Any insight on this wouild be great, and I'll provide more info if it helps.

Brian Hopper
12-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure what's wrong, but have you tried any rehab work on it like foam rolling or stretching?

kingns
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I foam roll almost daily and stretch also. That an icing has fixed any problem I've previously had

Sensei
12-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Some time off (REST) and then getting back into it with some light one-legged DLs, GHRs, and hills might be worth a try.