PDA

View Full Version : I have some serious questions.

rommyali
12-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Im fat.
280 lbs and 5'11
but the i went down to 245. And that is because I've been doing a lot of exercises and I've been on the Atkins diet.
Although you lose weight QUICKLY on the Atkins diet I'm hearing many terrible things about it.For example, I hear that once you are off the diet your body regenerates all the calories it lost FAST.The problem is once i get the weight off i wanna KEEP IT OFF! and just focus on the building of muscles.I wanna know what diest youd recommend in my situation

thanks

WaNNaB3Bigg3r
12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
If that is true I'm guessing it's because of the carbs you have been missing. Just try keep the carbs before workouts only and don't eat them before bed.

af92
12-11-2010, 07:55 PM
How many cals are you taking in a day?

Lets see a daily sample of foods eaten.

Dan Fanelli
12-11-2010, 08:31 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

Aim for the bodyweight you desire, and use exercise/strength training to build muscle. You'll eventually want to progress into an eating style that you are able to maintain for the most part indefinately. That would be the biggest problem with the atkin's diet. If you all of the sudden one day for whatever reason went "off" the diet you could be in trouble.

DrunkMonkey
12-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I hear that once you are off the diet your body regenerates all the calories it lost FAST

No, the Atkins diet does not defy the second law of thermodynamics.

You might put some "water weight" back on though.

Raleighwood
12-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Generally, the quicker you lose weight, the easier and faster it can come back on. Your body has many mechanisms that try to keep it in homeostasis. The more dramatically you alter it, the more it will resist.

Now, if you stick to your lifestyle and diet modifications, it can stay off. You just have to be disciplined. Putting on muscular body weight will help a lot. As it will increase your basal metabolic rate, allowing you to eat more and not put on weight.

A big mistake most people make after they lose a significant amount of weight, is that they think they can go back to their old eating and lifestyle patterns. Which you can't, ever, if you want to keep your new body.