PDA

View Full Version : WS4SB questions (beginner)

Yesterdays Jam
12-14-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm looking to start one of DeFranco's routines either WS4SB 1,2 or 3. I like the look of 3 the most but I've read that it's for more advanced trainers, any truth in that? The reason I want to use one of these routines is because I'm either going to be playing rugby or boxing next season and these seem like perfect fits for these sports.

I'm a certified skinny bastard at:

age- 22
weight - 165lbs (goal is to be 195lbs)
height - 6' 2" (188cm)

Questions:

Which one should I begin 1, 2 or 3?

How often should I switch the exercises around?

If I am supposed to switch am I only supposed to switch the ME movements or all of them? (i.e. supplements & superset included?)

To reach my goal of 195lbs how much over maintenance should I be eating?

Cheers guys.

NickAus
12-14-2010, 03:17 AM
Eat as much good food as possible.

Aim for 240 grams protein each day, most likely you'll need shakes.

Yesterdays Jam
12-14-2010, 03:42 AM
Eat as much good food as possible.

Aim for 240 grams protein each day, most likely you'll need shakes.

Yeah mate I have protein left over. Can you recommend any good places in sydney or australia to buy protein from? I've been using MrSupplement which is pretty good, they do same day delivery if you order in the morning BUT i'd sacrifice the delivery for cheaper prices if there are any.

Any insight for the WS4SB questions?

StLRPh
12-14-2010, 06:17 AM
Might want to check out the stickies here as well. There are several good, basic programs on this site.

If you want to do WS4SB use version 3 but feel free to drop the conditioning day. As a beginner you probably want need to change out exercises very often at all, maybe every 2 to 3 months. Basically once you stall then you change them. Typically the ME work is the one that is switched out.

vdizenzo
12-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Go with version three. Just switch out ME exercises. Train hard and eat a lot! Seriously, do not make this difficult. There is no shortcut to success!

Yesterdays Jam
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Might want to check out the stickies here as well. There are several good, basic programs on this site.

If you want to do WS4SB use version 3 but feel free to drop the conditioning day. As a beginner you probably want need to change out exercises very often at all, maybe every 2 to 3 months. Basically once you stall then you change them. Typically the ME work is the one that is switched out.

Go with version three. Just switch out ME exercises. Train hard and eat a lot! Seriously, do not make this difficult. There is no shortcut to success!
Thanks guys. WS4SB-3 it is.

NickAus
12-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Yeah mate I have protein left over. Can you recommend any good places in sydney or australia to buy protein from? I've been using MrSupplement which is pretty good, they do same day delivery if you order in the morning BUT i'd sacrifice the delivery for cheaper prices if there are any.

Any insight for the WS4SB questions?

Supplement Emipre and Vitamin King are the two I use mostly.

Mr Supplement is similar and so is Nutrition Warehouse.