PDA

View Full Version : Question..got an idea

Bosshogg300
12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
i was watching brian hoppers DE sq/dl video and saw he was doing box jumps would those be beneficial to do on a regular basis because i have alot of box for training for track when i did highjump my senior year and first year in college and i dont use them now bc i dont do track in college now... and what is the optimal height for doing box squats , or should i say "heights" for them

Brian Hopper
12-16-2010, 06:59 PM
i was watching brian hoppers DE sq/dl video and saw he was doing box jumps would those be beneficial to do on a regular basis because i have alot of box for training for track when i did highjump my senior year and first year in college and i dont use them now bc i dont do track in college now... and what is the optimal height for doing box squats , or should i say "heights" for them

I'm sure you'll be fine if you do them once a week, but I won't because I'll get bored. I'm going to start doing them every other week. As far as the height goes, just start off small and work up. We only have to boxes, one is 24" and the other is 30". So we have to build up the height with whatever we have around the gym. If you do them everyweek just change up the ways you do them. Jump with weights in your hand or put on a weight vest. You can also jump from a seated position or jump for reps and time.

vdizenzo
12-16-2010, 07:01 PM
I love doing box jumps, I should do them more often.

SELK
12-16-2010, 10:37 PM
I never felt that I got anything out of them carryover wise. But I am weird, DE work doesn't seem to bring my squat poundages up the slightest bit (although sub max attempts are faster).