PDA

View Full Version : Best diet for losing belly fat, but not muscle

maxskyscraper
12-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm tall and thin and fairly lean, but I have an extra inch of belly fat I'd love to lose. What's the best diet tip everyone has for getting rid of this?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I drink too much beer I think so how do others factor beer and or wine into their diets? None? Some?

tom183
12-16-2010, 01:03 AM
There are many ways to achieve your goal. Just make sure you, in general:

Eat below your maintenance calorie level.
Consume enough protein.
Consume enough fat.
Consume enough fibre.
Eat mainly unprocessed foods.

Behemoth
12-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Use fitday.com and track your calories, including the alcohol calories. Adjust from there.

Mercuryblade
12-16-2010, 09:19 AM
I've cut just fine drinking alcohol. Don't overdo it, and track your calories.

Dan Fanelli
12-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Eat the right amount of calories and lift heavy weights. Use cardio as necessary

jstarcarr
12-28-2010, 04:29 AM
You cant chose where to lose fat , you will lose it from the last place you put it on.

Ruff Riff
12-30-2010, 09:22 AM
You cant chose where to lose fat , you will lose it from the last place you put it on.

Yep bingo!

shredded58
01-07-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm tall and thin and fairly lean, but I have an extra inch of belly fat I'd love to lose. What's the best diet tip everyone has for getting rid of this?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I drink too much beer I think so how do others factor beer and or wine into their diets? None? Some?
Eat quality protein, and several times a day (5-6), cut way back on any sugars, and consume only non veggie carbs. You follow this and you HAVE to lose the belly fat.

Dan Fanelli
01-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Eat quality protein, and several times a day (5-6), cut way back on any sugars, and consume mainly veggie carbs. You follow this and you probably will to lose the belly fat.

Fixed

shredded58
01-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Fixed

Type-o on my part...should have been eat green veggies carbs (had non veggie...my bad).
Thanks

f=ma
02-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Fixed

disagree, rice and whole wheat pasta are perfectly acceptable if not encouraged w/ lean protein.

Codeguru
02-03-2011, 03:21 AM
One good way to "lose the belly fat" is to gain muscles. A lot of people consider working abs a waste of time, but besides your core muscles being used in almost every physical activity, I like looking good. As I've been building my ab muscles it's been constantly pushing the fat down there out so I still get the ripple effect. It's not really a method for actually losing body fat but working your abs in a consistent fashion really works for the looks as long as you keep moving up in resistance. And also any muscle mass you add anywhere is that many more calories being used up per day just to keep the muscle alive. All this is on top of losing overall bodyfat by diet, workouts, and cardio though...

Codeguru

Behemoth
02-03-2011, 05:47 AM
disagree, rice and whole wheat pasta are perfectly acceptable if not encouraged w/ lean protein.

Not for Dan. He's been in here consistently trying to convince others to avoid carbs when cutting. It's been a pain in the ass trying to keep other from being misinformed by him.

lenny spero
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
if your serious about looseing fat and keeping muscle i would suggest reading shelby starnes books on carb cycleing..they give you all the into to lay out the diet based off your bodyweight etc and parameters of each macronutrient (protien,carbs,fats)...i just finished working with shelby starnes for 12 weeks..it was the best money i have EVER spent..i saved more money by not eating crap every week then it cost to hire him.

af92
02-22-2011, 05:38 PM
if your serious about looseing fat and keeping muscle i would suggest reading shelby starnes books on carb cycleing..they give you all the into to lay out the diet based off your bodyweight etc and parameters of each macronutrient (protien,carbs,fats)...i just finished working with shelby starnes for 12 weeks..it was the best money i have EVER spent..i saved more money by not eating crap every week then it cost to hire him.

Which book did you get?

I Love reading various books. Best to be well rounded in the iron game. :D

af92
02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Not for Dan. He's been in here consistently trying to convince others to avoid carbs when cutting. It's been a pain in the ass trying to keep other from being misinformed by him.

Avoid carbs when cutting. Ludicrous!!

I gots to have meh carbs always!!

lenny spero
02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Which book did you get?

I Love reading various books. Best to be well rounded in the iron game. :D

the macronutrient guide book is great and lean gains is shelbys new book...thats a great read also..alot of helpful stuff in there well worth the couple bucks.

vdizenzo
02-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Get one of those sauna belts. It melts fat right off your mid-section. Why diet when there such easier fixes.

Off Road
02-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Get one of those sauna belts. It melts fat right off your mid-section. Why diet when there such easier fixes.

You realize that somebody is going to try that :evillaugh:

af92
02-24-2011, 02:48 PM
the macronutrient guide book is great and lean gains is shelbys new book...thats a great read also..alot of helpful stuff in there well worth the couple bucks.

Thanks!

I will check them out.

Holto
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM

A friend of mine is paying a trainer that told him a regular lifting belt will shrink his waist. He also has him using bands on his arms because the lactic acid will "burn the muscle and make it grow".