PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Diet Questions

fearless
12-16-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm looking for the best results for TONE in a month. So far I've been recommmened the Velocity Diet and HCT-12.Is this safe?

Also, if i were to do the Velocity Diet, how could i fit BEER in? Should i add cardio to the HCT-12 and just use my cardio to work off the calories from the beer? is that safe?

How do i find out how many calories i should be taking in to lose weight and gain tone?

What do you recommend on how i should record my calories?

-pat

Dan Fanelli
12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Well first off, you wouldn't do the velocity diet AND HCT-12 at the same time. Also, if you are asking about fitting beer into the diet, then it is NOT the diet for you.

If you absolutely need to do this rapidly in 3 weeks, then do some research and do it right. Look into PSMF (Protein sparing modified fast). Im not possative on all of the details, but usually with these diets you do them for a short period (~3weeks), and take in high amounts of protein, and practically no fat, or carbs. The diets usually have around 800-1000kcals a day, and they are not fun..... Training on these diets will be minimal. Some heavy lifting to maintain strength and mass, and some walking to burn more calories.

As for HOW to track calories, im not really sure what you are asking. You take a pen and paper, and write down how much you are eating. With a PSMF, its pretty easy. You dont count calories, you count grams of protein. You might be on 200g a day, split over 3 meals. You can probably have some brocolli with it, or some other low calorie vegetable. Other than that, there is NOTHING else. No, beer, no soda, no bread, no rice, no milk, nothing.

With this approach, you'd probably lose about 10-15 lbs of weight in 3-4 weeks. Some of it would be fat, the rest would be watter and muscle. You probably wont maintain much of these losses either.

You are better off, taking the slower but more sensible approach. Start training the right way, and start eating better. You dont need to ditch beer entirely, but if you are having more than about 3-5 beers per week, you aren't going to make much progress. With this approach you'll lose about 1-2bs per week probably and will likely be able to build muscle/strength and continue on much longer.

Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but im trying to save you weeks/months/years of wasted time.

fearless
12-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Don't be sorry dude. i appreciate and thank you for the advice. I would probably get sick if i did the velocity diet with the HCT-12. Considering I have no records of my calorie intake, being on one of these extreme diets would be useless for the first couple of weeks. I am going to do the HCT-12 and just start recording my calorie intake.

If anybody has actually done a diet on top of the HCT-12 i would really like recommendations. Remember, I am not looking to lose weight. I am just looking for the best physical results i can obtain in a month.

thanks again,

-pat

Dan Fanelli
12-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Read all the HCT-12 articles at the top where it says "HCT-12 Training Routine" one of them has a nutrition plan, and they cover all of your questions.

fearless
12-16-2010, 10:25 PM
I'll check it out! thank you!

BigMike230
12-21-2010, 02:01 PM
For me the velocity diet was too ridiculous. I was simply too tired to do anything productive at the gym, let alone class. You might want to try running Ultimate Diet 2.0

It's by far my favorite diet. When I want to cut weight, I lower carbs for a week beforehand (like the book suggests) and then go straight into it. It's the only way I'll cut anymore.