PDA

View Full Version : 21 Pull Ups

colinS3
12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
*Whoops. Technically these are chin ups, not pull ups.*

Kind of a bad quality video but it'll have to do. This was the first time I tested out my max pull ups in about a month and I managed to pull off 21. I'm gonna start doing pull ups a lot more like I used to and hopefully get over 30 by the time summer comes around. I'll post another video once I get 25.

Let me know what you think of the form! I'm going down all the way and I'm trying not to get a boost from any momentum. I moved my legs a little towards the end but besides that I don't think I did anything to mess up my form and it didn't even help me get momentum haha. Let me know if I'm missing something though.

2fPKjhHb3ug

I'm a little over 6' tall
I weigh 143 pounds at the moment

Off Road
12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Not bad, that's a lot of reps. But, I'd go all the way down (straight arms) and all the way up until you can touch your chest. That'll make them much tougher and more productive.

colinS3
12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
Yea I've gotta make my arms a little more extended..i see what looks like a slight bend to them now, I'm almost there. I'll work on em some more and hopefully sometime in the near future I'll get a video of 25 up. I'll take your advice and go up as far as possible as well, I might as well do a full out pull up if I'm going for quality and quantity.

ELmx479
12-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Not too bad, you could tighten up your form just a bit but overall you got them done. Do you really only weigh 143lbs?

colinS3
12-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Not too bad, you could tighten up your form just a bit but overall you got them done. Do you really only weigh 143lbs?

Thanks man I appreciate it! Yea in that video I was 143 lbs. but I fluctuate between 140 and 145 depending on what I eat during the week. I don't eat to bulk up and I don't want to bulk up anyways. Instead I just get nice definition without losing speed for running :)