PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hickson, 725 x 2 RAW deadlift, 18 y/o @ 225lbs, double over hand grip

elilliebridge
12-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Here's a video of Chris Hickson from Frantz power team with his last heavy deadlift set, 725 for a double with double over hand grip, kids a freak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSJKbojByw4

NickAus
12-19-2010, 04:44 PM
WTF WTF??

Hes not even very big................that is amazing...............that has made my day!

NickAus
12-19-2010, 04:45 PM
How does he train Eric?

StLRPh
12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
amazing pulls

elilliebridge
12-19-2010, 05:07 PM
WTF WTF??

Hes not even very big................that is amazing...............that has made my day!

haha i know you would NEVER guess he could deadlift that much! and he's almost 6'3 too ... what's even more amazing is his double over hand grip, he's basically built to deadlift! long arms, strong back, good grip.. he'll pull over 800 at a teen no doubt! I'm not exactly sure how he trains, but i know he does similar squats and deadlift training like me.... i do light squats and heavy pulls one week on the same day, then the week after i'll do heavy squats and light pulls and just go back and forth every week. As far as his deadlifts go i know he likes doing deficit pulls and reps.

NickAus
12-19-2010, 05:22 PM
So you squat and pull once per week?

He does not have to worry about his grip ha ha.

joey54
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
This guy is pretty funny too. He got banned over at bb. com. He doesn't bench with an arch because he considers it cheating and right now only squat in the high 4's but they are freakishly deep. He is very opinionated and not a fan of a lot of powerlifters. Would be great to have him here to shake things up.

vdizenzo
12-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Is it double overhand, or is it a hook grip?

NickAus
12-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Hmm looks like hook grip but its hard to tell.

Eric do you know?

elilliebridge
12-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Hmm looks like hook grip but its hard to tell.

Eric do you know?

LOL yeah my bad i figured everyone would have known it was a hook grip, i don't know anyone who could hold anywhere near that much with a double over hand grip. But the hook grip is also really hard too, especially for guys who have small hands. I personally would never be able to deadlift that much with a hook grip, my hands aren't big enough.

elilliebridge
12-19-2010, 11:16 PM
So you squat and pull once per week?

He does not have to worry about his grip ha ha.

And yes I usually squat and pull every week on the same day, but lets say it's my deadlift day and i feel like i need some extra time to rest on the squats, then i just won't squat before hand. But normally i do both every week, one lighter and one heavier

BoAnderson71
12-19-2010, 11:24 PM
This guy is pretty funny too. He got banned over at bb. com. He doesn't bench with an arch because he considers it cheating and right now only squat in the high 4's but they are freakishly deep. He is very opinionated and not a fan of a lot of powerlifters. Would be great to have him here to shake things up.

How can he squat in the high 4's and deadlift in the mid 7's?

joey54
12-20-2010, 04:43 AM
You would have to ask him that. As mentioned he is built to deadlift and his ass touches the floor when he squats.

vdizenzo
12-20-2010, 05:39 AM
One of my friends double overhands 585 pretty easily. I figured it was a hook grip, but it said double overhand, I don't like to assume.

theBarzeen
12-20-2010, 08:19 AM

I'm pretty sure he's gone over 5...... I don't know about ass to the floor though..... he used to have some trouble getting depth, but he's looked solid this year..... not quite picking up change off of the floor, but good in any fed....

Chris is a complete freak of nature.... he was ripping 600's before he could drive. No doubt he'll give KK a run for his money before he's done with college......

Tom Mutaffis
12-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Chris' deadlift has gone up quite a bit recently, he first pulled 700 two months ago and now hit a double with 25 lbs more. Here is a video of the 700: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLXCTihVPs

I would be a little worried about the nose bleeds though...

joey54
12-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure he's gone over 5...... I don't know about ass to the floor though..... he used to have some trouble getting depth, but he's looked solid this year..... not quite picking up change off of the floor, but good in any fed....

Chris is a complete freak of nature.... he was ripping 600's before he could drive. No doubt he'll give KK a run for his money before he's done with college......

Most recent meet looked like he he got mid 4's and they were quite deep. On my phone or I would embed the video.

theBarzeen
12-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Most recent meet looked like he he got mid 4's and they were quite deep. On my phone or I would embed the video.

He does squat deep, and he's strong as all heck..... but like I said I've never seen him leave a mark on the ground or anything like that.... and I'm fairly sure he's front squatted more than 400.... but then again what do I know I only most recently saw him in the gym 2 days ago.... then a week before that..... then the week before that and so on........ maybe the videos show something magical that you can't see live....

that's me in the video in the green shirt sitting by my wife, right behind Chris....... basically just being jealous of his studliness.......

joey54
12-20-2010, 11:00 AM
They were magical because usually you can't even tell depth from the front. :)

pricedtosell
12-20-2010, 04:31 PM

Awesome.

What does he bench? If his deadlift is that much higher than his squat, I'd guess he also has a pretty weak bench (weak compared to his pull, not actually weak).

elilliebridge
12-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Awesome.

What does he bench? If his deadlift is that much higher than his squat, I'd guess he also has a pretty weak bench (weak compared to his pull, not actually weak).

Not really sure, he tore his pec a couple months ago i think, so he hasn't been benching at all. He's going into strongman so if i were him i probably wouldn't bother pushing the bench that hard especially since he's already injured his pec. Here's a video of him doing a behind the neck press with 315lbs though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g144-R4bBho

vdizenzo
12-20-2010, 05:26 PM

If he ends up here talking powerlifting trash, I'm inviting Rhodes back :soapbox:

Tom Mutaffis
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Chris isn't banned on BB.com - he just changed his username (he was actively posting this afternoon).

He used to compete in strongman about two years ago then decided to focus on powerlifting/basketball.

joey54
12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, I don't check their site out too frequently, I like it here. Was just posting what I saw. Bottom line, strong dude.

Travis Bell
12-20-2010, 07:39 PM
If he ends up here talking powerlifting trash, I'm inviting Rhodes back :soapbox:

He was eventually banned from here if I recall correctly. He sure likes to stir a lot of trouble up on forums

theBarzeen
12-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Not really sure, he tore his pec a couple months ago i think, so he hasn't been benching at all. He's going into strongman so if i were him i probably wouldn't bother pushing the bench that hard especially since he's already injured his pec. Here's a video of him doing a behind the neck press with 315lbs though

I'll bet that got some attention at Provena..... I didn't think anyone still trained out there since Minuth moved.......

Brian Hopper
12-21-2010, 08:04 AM

Not bad...