PDA

View Full Version : Macro Balance

Codeguru
12-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Ok, say I eat a bunch of crap as is my want at certain holidays and such. I have a base diet that I eat every day that is pretty much worked out as close as I can get it to this "zone" diet 40/30/30 stuff which seems to be working well. Anyway, back to the crap, I know I have a surplus of carbs and fat due to pigging out. Is it worth adding on another 300-400 calories of protein shake and tuna, or other things pure protein based, to even things out to the macro ratio or should I just let it go and not worry about it?...

Codeguru

tom183
12-20-2010, 11:09 PM
If you're over your daily total already I wouldn't add any more. Just get back on track asap. I think you'll find the video in this post relevant:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?140282-Barganing-amp-Banking&highlight=bargaining+and+banking

Behemoth
12-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Not worth the extra calories unless you were way low on protein... ie - you ate 30 sugar cookies and nothing else all day.

Codeguru
12-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Not worth the extra calories unless you were way low on protein... ie - you ate 30 sugar cookies and nothing else all day.

Oh, ok thanks. Yeah I usually have 120-140g of protein if I offset my diet with a lot of crap, well depending on what is eaten. And then afterwards I end up eating mostly fat free tuna sandwiches the rest of the day because I don't really feel much like eating anyway. If that's enough then great...

Codeguru

Behemoth
12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Its really not worth worrying about for one day. Just enjoy the holidays and family and don't worry about a tuna sandwhich, it really will make no difference.

Dan Fanelli
12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Its really not worth worrying about for one day. Just enjoy the holidays and family and don't worry about a tuna sandwhich, it really will make no difference.

X2

Furthermore, after the holidays, if need be, REPLACE some carcinoma/fat with protein