Brian205
12-22-2010, 02:36 PM
To the Pros.

I know its not Squat vs Deadlift....... but Squat and Deadlift

But betweem these Great Powerlifts,

a) which cause the body to produce more testosterone,

more benificial,

which can generate more overall body strength and a more complete workout,

b) if your only able to do only one of the two, would it be the squat or the deadlift.

Brian Hopper
12-22-2010, 02:49 PM
IMO, I would say the deadlift would generate more overall body strength. If I were only able to do one, I would probably pick the deadlift.

Are you only able to do one or the other?

AdamBAG
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I feel like the answers to this question are somehow going to be taken out of context, used elsewhere, or thrown back in the face of those that answer.

Why do you need to know?

Sean S
12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
First of all, it's not entirely clear that any exercise actually increases testosterone output. Some have been able to demonstrate that it is actually hemoconcentration (i.e. loss of blood fluid volume=more concentrated) that is responsible for the increase in testosterone with resistance exercise. I've read the vast majority of the literature on this subject and also don't know that anyone knows or has tested whether squats or deadlifts raise testosterone concentrations more. Generally, more muscle mass used and relatively heavier loads yield greater increases in testosterone concentration.
As for whether I could do one or the other, I would probably choose DL's. They hit the hamstrings, glutes, lower back, and upper back pretty hard. There are plenty of other exercises that could hit the quads besides the SQ that could be used in conjuction with DL's.

NickAus
12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Do you have any training questions?

Do want to get stronger?

You ask some questions that just seem to be for your entertainment, I could be wrong but thats how it seems.

I would really like you to ask some questions on how to train well or some technique issues so we are actually helping you.

Dan Fanelli
12-22-2010, 04:54 PM

Do want to get stronger?

You ask some questions that just seem to be for your entertainment, I could be wrong but thats how it seems.

I would really like you to ask some questions on how to train well or some technique issues so we are actually helping you.

I second the request.

Brian205
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
IMO, I would say the deadlift would generate more overall body strength. If I were only able to do one, I would probably pick the deadlift.

Are you only able to do one or the other?

I could do both, Just asking for your opinions :)

Brian205
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM

Do want to get stronger?

I ask questions for general knowledge, just asking the options of guys stronger that me :)

Brian Hopper
12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Options as far as what? If we could only do one?

NickAus
12-22-2010, 09:08 PM
I ask questions for general knowledge, just asking the options of guys stronger that me :)

It just seems like your time wasting, people dont have to answer but when they have been helping in the past and start to feel they are part of a joke it is not very good.

I think you know there is no answer to your question.

Look forward to some better ones, we all enjoy helping others.

pricedtosell
12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd pick the squat. You can do it more often and generally it just benefits more from higher volume than the deadlift does. Most people deadlift FAR less often than they squat already, so to me it's a no-brainer on which one to pick.

I've also noticed that my deadlift will always be up to par if my squat is improving, but the opposite isn't necessarily true. That's just the case for me, I don't know if it's the same for others. Also, many will rely on good mornings and other assistance exercises to keep their deadlifts strong, I don't really know of anyone that relies on other exercises to keep their squat strong (unless it's a box squat).

theBarzeen
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
both..... and you should bench between them...... deal with it.

Brian205
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Options as far as what? If we could only do one?

Sorry I mean Opinions, made a mistake it typing

Brian205
12-22-2010, 11:37 PM
It just seems like your time wasting, people dont have to answer but when they have been helping in the past and start to feel they are part of a joke it is not very good.

I think you know there is no answer to your question.

Look forward to some better ones, we all enjoy helping others.

Its not a joke, its a legit question sir,

I apologized if it is perceive as one :)

elilliebridge
12-23-2010, 02:09 AM
I would say curls... maybe some upright rows, sounds good to me.

KarlMarx
12-23-2010, 01:10 PM
I would say curls... maybe some upright rows, sounds good to me.

Definitely curls! LOL. I saw some guy come into the gym yesterday and to this:

Incline curls
Ez-curl bar curls
Preacher curls
Arms in overhead press position curl out to the side
Curls in the powerrack (!)

Then go home. Love it!

BoAnderson71
12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Its not a joke, its a legit question sir,

I apologized if it is perceive as one :)

stop with the smiley faces. If you could only do one what would it be? poop or pee?