PDA

View Full Version : Really need to speed up fat loss now

mr_hand
05-16-2002, 12:29 PM
After a successful bulk where I put on a good amount of mass, Ive been trying to diet down, but its just not happening quickly enough. I started in mid January, and have slowly been decreasing my cals. I have lost some bodyfat, but not enough for my taste. I am now down to about 2500-2800 cals a day, but the fat loss isnt happening that fast. I have 2 months left to vacation, and Im wondering if i should really start to do killer cardio w/ my lifting, and keep dropping cals lower and lower. I know I will sacrifice some muscle, but I also know I will get rid of a lot of fat. The last time I did it for vacation, I lost a little too much muscle, but I really need to drop some weight now.

Paul Stagg
05-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Slow and steady. 2 months is a long time.

Shoot for a pound or two a week.

mr_hand
05-16-2002, 01:45 PM
I get nervous. 2 months seems long, but they way these weeks are flying by. Maybe I should really try to start getting up to do a.m. cardio.

TurboStu
05-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Well my cutting diet is something like this. I lift three days a week, this is to help me keep as much muscle mass as possible, but then i do cardio exercise at least 5 times a week for an average of 1 hour each time. It ranges in intensity, but the higher the intensity the more you will lose. I personally like using a stair climbing machine, until I feel like I can barely stand, and then i will swap to a stationary bike, or even a real bike if its nice out, and will go until I can hardly push the pedals. I agree with Paul though, aim for about 1-2 lbs a week, I am currently losing almost 4 or even 5 lbs a week, but I have a lot of cutting to do.

mr_hand
05-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Do you see yourself losing that much muscle?

Tiare
05-17-2002, 10:49 AM
You could always try a keto diet followed by a balanced diet (say 2 weeks on each) to keep your body from getting acclimated to a specific diet.

http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=34
http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=45