PDA

View Full Version : My new Prodigy!!!

bigbadwolfe
12-25-2010, 04:18 PM
So I get this call from a nice very naive soccer mom wanting to know about our Saturday morning crew. She said she had heard that we trained teens on Sat at our gym(we don't) and wanted to know if I would be interested in training her son. So I threw everything out there and told how we trained and the way we trained and how vocal of a group we can be. She seemed kinda timid about letting her son come and train with us but she brought him anyways. The kid showed up this morning(Christmas morning) and WOW to my surprise this kid was a freaking TANK!!! Well over 6 foot and 260 pounds SOLID, and he just turned 16 yrs old.

His mom told me she was not sure what he could bench but she said it was alot. Well after talking to him he is benching 380 for a single as a Sophmore in Highschool (Amazing and I dont doubt him) So we did some lockout work this morning and I figured he would fail around 405, Boy was I wrong!!!! The kid worked all the way upto 500 pounds Raw off a 4 board. He is gonna be a tank and only 16 yrs old!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE02VrcOrCw

I did not pull on the bar just kept my hands there to be safe!!!

IronDiggy
12-25-2010, 07:17 PM
That is f'king insaine dude! he's gunna be one strong dude.

pricedtosell
12-25-2010, 07:35 PM
So jealous of all these kids that start out lifting when they're that young. He's that strong already and now he's going to be benching with you every weekend..... his bench is going to be seriously insane in a year or two.

Is he planning on competing? If so, is he going to stay raw or get in gear? Also just curious, does he squat/pull too?

mastermonster
12-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Awesome! He should be fun to work with!

bigbadwolfe
12-28-2010, 07:23 PM
He just wants to bench for now but who knows. He does train his legs but I'm just focusing on his bench. He will be competing locally on Feb 5th at the Piqua Ohio YMCA Push/Pull meet. Were looking at over 400 raw there and for now he is gonna stay raw.