PDA

View Full Version : Hoff's SPF Pro-Am bench a few years ago.

pricedtosell
12-25-2010, 07:28 PM
I'm not trying to stir anything up by asking about this, I just wanted to know if anything was said about this after Louie made that initial statement that nothing was under Hoff's shirt. I know the SPF said Hoff's lift didn't count after they ended up watching the replay a few days after the meet and I think they even took away his prize money and gave it to another lifter, did Hoff or Louie ever actually say there was something under his shirt or did the whole subject just die down after that?

I've seen Hoff's SPF Pro-Am benches from the following years and it seems the hand-off guy always smooths out/runs his hands over his bench shirt before his lifts now to confirm that there's nothing there. Hoff's probably my favorite lifter to watch so I'm definetely not trying to put him down by asking about this, I'm just genuinely curious if there was ever any real resolution and wanted to know what the general consensus opinion is.

5hYW8VavY1I

pricedtosell
12-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Bc2uuMag8us

Either way, the 900 lb bench and total he just hit are insane and I think he's only 23. If he doesn't get injured and keeps progressing the way he has been, I can't wait to see what numbers he hits in the future.

chris mason
12-25-2010, 08:50 PM
They say there was nothing there and their word is good enough for me. I personally witnessed his recent 900 and I guarantee there was nothing there, so why bring up old ****?

pricedtosell
12-25-2010, 09:33 PM
They say there was nothing there and their word is good enough for me. I personally witnessed his recent 900 and I guarantee there was nothing there, so why bring up old ****?

I didn't say anything negative about his 900 or question any of his other lifts, he's my favorite lifter to watch and I have nothing but respect for him and all of westside.

I said why I brought it up, I just want to know if that statement Louie made was the last statement anyone made about it or if anything else ever happened. I wasn't sure if the lift ended up counting or if it actually was turned down and Hoff had to give the money he won back, etc.

JK1
12-25-2010, 10:00 PM
You are digging up a can of worms that doesn't need to be dug up. Jesse and I talked long and hard about how things went with that meet..... from the intial handling of the incident to the final outcome. I do not disagree with the logic behind what was done and how it was done....... now that said, its OLD history. Hoff has gone on to bench ALOT more than what he did at that meet, with that 900 being his latest. There is no need to bring it up again.

Travis Bell
12-26-2010, 05:43 AM
This one has been hashed over plenty lol. Move on buddy

joey54
12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Thread is locked , but by join date dude wasn't here when this happened. OP, learn to use the search function or google next time.