PDA

View Full Version : WSM2010 Airs Today, 3-8pm EST on ESPN2

Cmanuel
12-26-2010, 11:49 AM
Like the title says... In case anyone cares to watch it, it'll be on ESPN2 basically all afternoon today

theBarzeen
12-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Awesome!...... with WSM on TV and a bottle of single malt from Christmas this is shaping up to be a good day.

Cmanuel
12-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Awesome!...... with WSM on TV and a bottle of single malt from Christmas this is shaping up to be a good day.

Man Santa was good to you! I got a bottle of rare Rasputin Imperial stout beer...

Didn't realize Shaw was weighing in at freaking 405 lbs for this competition!

theBarzeen
12-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Man Santa was good to you! I got a bottle of rare Rasputin Imperial stout beer...

Didn't realize Shaw was weighing in at freaking 405 lbs for this competition!

Unreal how big that man is...... it was a good afternoon......

pricedtosell
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
I watched it all day today, it was crazy seeing Koklyaev pass out 3.6 meters into carrying the "Africa Stone." I think he'll have a really good chance to win WSM within the next few years, if he decides to put all of his focus into it and sticks with it. Savickas is a monster though, really impressive performance.

Cmanuel
12-26-2010, 09:39 PM
I watched it all day today, it was crazy seeing Koklyaev pass out 3.6 meters into carrying the "Africa Stone." I think he'll have a really good chance to win WSM within the next few years, if he decides to put all of his focus into it and sticks with it. Savickas is a monster though, really impressive performance.

I dont think you'll see Misha next year... He's already announced that his focus right now is Belarus 2012 Olympic team. There are some pretty impressive gym videos of his Oly Lifts...

To me it looked like Shaw might have lost it this year because he got a little excited and celebrated too early on that final sandbag load...what do you guys think?

gatorman2k6
12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
I dont think you'll see Misha next year... He's already announced that his focus right now is Belarus 2012 Olympic team. There are some pretty impressive gym videos of his Oly Lifts...

To me it looked like Shaw might have lost it this year because he got a little excited and celebrated too early on that final sandbag load...what do you guys think?

My friend and I were thinking the same thing. If he hadn't dropped that sandbag, he would have won the event and had more points, but it is what it is. I was most impressed by the max log. Seeing Kokylaev and Big Z battle it out was impressive. Big Z didn't even struggle with the last one. Oh, and this event proved even more why Kokylaev is the man. He's competitive, but he tries to have a good time too.

BoAnderson71
12-27-2010, 02:31 AM
My friend and I were thinking the same thing. If he hadn't dropped that sandbag, he would have won the event and had more points, but it is what it is. I was most impressed by the max log. Seeing Kokylaev and Big Z battle it out was impressive. Big Z didn't even struggle with the last one. Oh, and this event proved even more why Kokylaev is the man. He's competitive, but he tries to have a good time too.

I like how big Z decided to start using some leg drive at 462 lbs.

Kevin K
12-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Damn it I missed it! It airs again next Sunday at noon.

gatorman2k6
12-27-2010, 06:51 AM
I like how big Z decided to start using some leg drive at 462 lbs.

Haha yeah. Pretty funny when Pfister said it was the first time he had ever seen Big Z need to use leg drive.

Off Road
12-27-2010, 07:47 AM
I caught some of them durring the day. I saw at least two guys pass out. I liked the block pressing, that was cool to watch.

Cmanuel
12-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh, and this event proved even more why Kokylaev is the man. He's competitive, but he tries to have a good time too.
Yeah he seems like a great person to hang out/compete with.

I gotta admit, after watching this years WSM, Kokylaev has become my favorite strength athlete. Is there anything he doesn't do right? I mean, he's one of the top strongman on the planet, he already has all kinds of raw PL and Oly lifting accolades, including for him to be on his way to 2012 olympics as one of the top HWs.... Insane!

gatorman2k6
12-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Yeah he seems like a great person to hang out/compete with.

I gotta admit, after watching this years WSM, Kokylaev has become my favorite strength athlete. Is there anything he doesn't do right? I mean, he's one of the top strongman on the planet, he already has all kinds of raw PL and Oly lifting accolades, including for him to be on his way to 2012 olympics as one of the top HWs.... Insane!

Yeah, he's definitely my favorite. He's so well-rounded. This is what sets him apart from the rest:

BD6Hj6Llk08

BoAnderson71
12-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah Id say misha is my favorite strength athlete. He is a phenomenal athlete but doesnt take himself to seriously and looks like he is having a blast when he is competing.

Rugby Dad
12-31-2010, 05:10 PM
Misha has got tons of personality, haven't seen a top competitor with such charisma since JP Sigmarsson.
and it good for the promotion of the sport of Storngman.

Cmanuel
12-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Misha has got tons of personality, haven't seen a top competitor with such charisma since JP Sigmarsson.
and it good for the promotion of the sport of Storngman.

I couldn't agree more. I wish all of the pros in the US had his character. Brad Dunn, AKA wolverine comes to mind, but other than that, im not sure who else gets the crowd as motivated.

MikeWilliams
12-31-2010, 07:28 PM
awesome show..I ended up recording it to 3 dvd's so I can watch it periodically for some inspiration....I still find it hard to believe that strongman doesn't have more appeal to the masses....I try talking about it at work to my coworkers and they have zero interest...I can't get enough as a fan...