PDA

View Full Version : Need guidance, in a bad way.....

Chris06GT
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Ok guys, it's been a while since I have posted anything on here.....

Short story, I had a lot of things going on in my life that just stressed me out. I quit going to the gym, quit eating right, and just fell off of everything....

I am 6'1", and 3 months ago I was 296lbs....I am currently 263 thanks to the help of Adipex....I will be taking it for the first 2 months of this year per recommendation by my nutrionist. I bought a gym membership where I know a lot of lifters and they are offering to help me to keep me motivated.

Once I quit the script, and during the script, I want a diet that will help me benefit the best!!

My goals:

1) Of course we all want a great body, but I know it takes a while...

2) I want the brute strength...I want to be strong!!

3) I also want to be cut.....

I am trying to get as strong and cut up as I can by August 2011.....

Please help me get to this goal!!

Thanks for reading, and I am all ears for any advice you guys have!!

Thanks,
Chris

Dan Fanelli
12-26-2010, 06:16 PM
So your nutritionist will give you a prescription, but not a nutrition plan?

Look through the articles on this site there are a bunch of good nutrition ones. But basically it comes down to eating the right amount of calories, and exercising. In addition to that, getting enough protein and not too much fat or carbs.

Chris06GT
12-26-2010, 06:22 PM
So your nutritionist will give you a prescription, but not a nutrition plan?

Look through the articles on this site there are a bunch of good nutrition ones. But basically it comes down to eating the right amount of calories, and exercising. In addition to that, getting enough protein and not too much fat or carbs.

It's not that she want give me a nutrition plan....Just not one I feel is worthy of helping me...They always tell you what to eat and what not to eat.

I am more focused on "what will help me reach my goals" and "what will help my strength"....

Behemoth
12-27-2010, 06:25 AM
Are you lifting and are you tracking calories?

Chris06GT
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
I am lifting... And need guidance tracking calories.. "how to"...

Behemoth
12-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Fitday.com

Track everything you and show us.

Codeguru
12-27-2010, 11:21 AM
I am lifting... And need guidance tracking calories.. "how to"...

For me, tracking calories meant the end of other people cooking for me. You just can't trust blind eating if you want things to be precise. Read labels...

Codeguru

Off Road
12-27-2010, 11:36 AM
For me, it was about calculating what I deed each day, then setting a menu for breakfast, lunch and snacks. Then I let dinner do whatever my wife makes or what I can find when I go out. That way I have a baseline idea of what I'm taking in, but the unregulated dinners keeps things random with some days being high carb and some days being low.

Chris06GT
12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
For instance, I went to the gym directly after work today at 4:15ish.....I was there till 5:25ish doing Cardio today....treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle....

I came home, grilled an 8 oz. steak, ate a salad, and had an Opticen Shake.....

I am on track with this meal?

Dan Fanelli
12-28-2010, 06:30 PM
For instance, I went to the gym directly after work today at 4:15ish.....I was there till 5:25ish doing Cardio today....treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle....

Maybe.

Behemoth
12-28-2010, 06:31 PM

You can't discern anything from just one meal.
It depends how much your other meals look like throughout the day. If you ate that 12 times you're not going to lose weight.

Chris06GT
12-28-2010, 06:43 PM
You can't discern anything from just one meal.
It depends how much your other meals look like throughout the day. If you ate that 12 times you're not going to lose weight.

I eat 6 times a day....

Today's meals:

Meal 1 6:30 a.m.: Bowl of oatmeal (2 packs) original with no additives.

Meal 2 10:00 a.m.: Nitrean protein shake

Meal 3 12:00 p.m.: 2 small grilled chicken breast

Meal 4 2:45 p.m.: 2 red apple's

Meal 5 6:00 p.m. 8 oz. steak and salad

Meal 6 usually 8-8:30 p.m.: Banana or apple, maybe strawberries or grapes

Dan Fanelli
12-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Thats not very much.... You should lose weight on that, but I dont know how long you can maintain that type of diet for.

Chris06GT
12-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I just need to lose roughly 20-30 more lbs before I really start trying to bulk. But I know working out burn's fat. Lifting, etc. I know light cardio will help, but too much will take away muscle.

Dan Fanelli
12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Cutting then bulking is not the way I'd do it, but it seems work for some people...

I'd just start eating right now, maybe a bit below maintainence and workout hard on the weights.

Chris06GT
12-28-2010, 07:49 PM
That's what I'll do!! Thanks man!!

thatNUCKOLSkid
12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
i just finished cutting. i lost 40 pounds in about 4 months and learned a lot along the way. i posted what i learned at: http://rawpowerlifting.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=logs&action=display&thread=2773&page=2 i'm not trying to toot my own horn and by NO MEANS am i a diet expert, but i posted some solid info i either learned through research or from my personal journey. hopefully it'll help you out. it's my second post on dec. 20th

Jonathan E
12-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Im comming off a light cut right now, and heres some random tips i found useful:
Calculate your maintaince levels for your desired weight(This can be done with an article from this site)
Once you get your daily base macro levels(Protein,Carbs, and fats), do your best to hit them threw out 4-6 meals a day.
Dont worry about calorie counting to much, it can be a big hassle and i found that as long as you hit your maintaince level macro's, you should be on the right track
As usual dont eat junk food,soda,etc. Foods like eggs,chicken,lean cuts of beef,veg's,fruits,nuts,and supplements are great for maintaining as much muscle as you can during your cut while you lose fat.
Most important, stay with it and get motivated. It may take a couple months but just work hard man and you'll reak the benefit.

Chris06GT
01-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Im comming off a light cut right now, and heres some random tips i found useful:
Calculate your maintaince levels for your desired weight(This can be done with an article from this site)
Once you get your daily base macro levels(Protein,Carbs, and fats), do your best to hit them threw out 4-6 meals a day.
Dont worry about calorie counting to much, it can be a big hassle and i found that as long as you hit your maintaince level macro's, you should be on the right track
As usual dont eat junk food,soda,etc. Foods like eggs,chicken,lean cuts of beef,veg's,fruits,nuts,and supplements are great for maintaining as much muscle as you can during your cut while you lose fat.
Most important, stay with it and get motivated. It may take a couple months but just work hard man and you'll reak the benefit.

Thanks man!! That's very good info!! I appreciate the reply!!

Chris06GT
01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
I have decided to follow the HCT-12 Routine for Nutrition and Training.....I will be updating the entire period I am on this program. Starting tomorrow.

Holto
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
The more you can tell us the more we can help you.

Total calories per day?
Grams of fat?
Grams of carbs?
Grams of protein?