PDA

View Full Version : What to take for my diet and goals...

Chris06GT
12-28-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey guys, I am trying to bulk and lose body fat in a bad way. I am on a diet, and taking Adipex at the moment to knock off some weight faster.

I have 2 months of Adipex left, and then will be strictly on diet and exercise and lifting. What can I take to stack with Adipex to help me lose the fat, and still bulk?

Thanks,
Chris

Off Road
12-28-2010, 11:27 AM
lose fat and "bulk" at the same time? Is that even possible?

AdrianLarsen
01-02-2011, 09:00 AM
You need to get some At large Nutrition Opticean meal replacement. Along with BCAA and Results this including a solid diet is my only suggestion. Keep in mind to lean out and gain muscle at the same time is super difficult may be your best interest to start one then the other. Just my suggestion. But either way I would buy these 3 products atleast.

Behemoth
01-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to bulk and lose body fat in a bad way. I am on a diet, and taking Adipex at the moment to knock off some weight faster.

I have 2 months of Adipex left, and then will be strictly on diet and exercise and lifting. What can I take to stack with Adipex to help me lose the fat, and still bulk?

Thanks,
Chris

You need to seperate your goals. You're not going to be successful putting on any "bulk" worth of lean tissue while on a "diet". It sounds to me like getting your diet in order and focusing on losing bodyfat through means of it should be your first priority.

Chris06GT
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
After a lot of reading on the forum, and the advice from you guys, I have decided to go for my bulk now....and cut later...

My only problem I have is consuming the amount of carbs and protein that I need each day. It's gonna be hard to consume all of that. Even eating 6 meals a day.

chris mason
01-02-2011, 09:15 PM
I think Adrian nailed it in terms of our products. If you have the $ you should also get ETS.

What is your target diet?

chris mason
01-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Oh, and what is Adipex?

Chris06GT
01-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey Chris, I am not sure what weight I want to be at since this is my first time of doing any hard lifting. I am 260ish right now with a small gut big frame...6'1".... I am shooting for 230-235. I have set my bench goals for 350+ and so on with other exercises.

Adipex is a prescription diet medicine.

Tom Mutaffis
01-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Oh, and what is Adipex?

From what I could find it appears to be a prescription amphetamine that is intended to suppress appetite (phentermine is the name of the actual compound).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000605

Tom Mutaffis
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Thanks,
Chris

Since you are currently taking a prescription medication you should speak with your Doctor about any dietary supplements. By definition 'bulking' would be gaining weight, while you are trying to lose weight - so your goals conflict. Perhaps what you are trying to do is improve body composition while losing or maintaining body-weight?

Supplements that can help you to maintain muscle mass while dieting:

- Results (Creatine and Beta Alanine increase strength, and help you to build muscle)
- Nitrean or Opticen (Protein powder - will help you to meet dietary goals and improve recovery)
- BCAA+ (prevents muscle breakdown)

All three of these supplements have significant scientific information to back up their effectiveness. How you utilize them and the amounts that you use will vary depending on your diet and exercise program.

Ansel
01-10-2011, 12:25 AM

Thanks,
Chris

Adipex is used together with diet and exercise to treat obesity.It is an appetite suppressant.You are currently losing your fat and want to build up your body at the same time.It is quite difficult to achieve at the same time but at this moment all you can do it with the help of exercise.Try to use that method of exercise that shall put stress on your muscles.