PDA

View Full Version : A perfect food?

Partyfoul
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Is there a perfect food that is easy to make and you can eat it as many times a day as you want and its not chicken?

dynamo
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I would suggest checking this out:
http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Blueprint-Cookbook-Grain-Free-Gluten-Free/dp/0982207727

I have it and its awesome. All the food is wicked perfect and when I can eat that way i have great results, once I have my own place i'll be going full tilt to essentially banning grains from my diet when socially acceptable. If you're looking to not really cook, I would say check out any lean meat. turkey, fish, lean beef etc etc...or not so lean beef and boil the **** out of it for leanness and smother with ketchup for full bachelor effect.

r2473
12-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Focused70
12-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Psst. it's okay to buy jarred demi-glace, if you want "brown sauce" without the hassle.

Otherwise might I recommend some whole milk? You'll thank me later.

Codeguru
12-29-2010, 03:35 PM
You could eat raddishes all day long if you want. I doubt you could eat 1000 calories worth if you stuffed yourself full as you could be. Otherwise, the perfect food would probably be sandwiches made with 100% whole grain. Just keep adding protein stuff and sodium condiments to it until it mixes to a good taste. They are the perfect way to keep portion control in my opinion. It's a shame you don't like chicken because wing sauce is basically calorie free depending on which brand and you could heat it up and toast it too. Tons of whole grain, fiber, protien, and taste. Pretty good deal...

Codeguru

Behemoth
12-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Is there a perfect food that is easy to make and you can eat it as many times a day as you want and its not chicken?

Depends on your goals...

tom183
12-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Water.

Seriously though, like Behemoth said, it depends on what you want to achieve.

RichMcGuire
12-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Olive burgers with cheese.

Dan Fanelli
12-29-2010, 06:09 PM
PB&J sandwhiches....

Dan Fanelli
12-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Olive burgers with cheese.

What is this? It has 'burger' in it, so it sounds good.

Partyfoul
12-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I am lazy and poor college student so simple foods work best. Like a PB&J for example.

Anything super easy like that? Perhaps Ramen or something?

**Want to cut btw

RichMcGuire
12-29-2010, 06:23 PM
What is this? It has 'burger' in it, so it sounds good.

It's just a hamburger with an olive sauce. It's like a tangy mayo with sliced green olives on the sauce. I get my burgers from mcdonalds and add a tbsp of regular mayo and then add maybe 5-7 green olives. They are one of my favorites for adding weight.

RichMcGuire
12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
I am lazy and poor college student so simple foods work best. Like a PB&J for example.

**Want to cut btw

And you aren't including chicken.. that makes it tough.

You can go to most grocery stores and get some pretty big slabs of lean steak for like 3 bucks. You just need to season it because it's not a high-grade meat. Add in some cans of veggies for 25-50 cents a can and a box of instant mashed potatos and you're golden :D Just remember total kcals matter most for losing weight.

*edit* Pick up some cheap, crappy tortilla shells for making steak fajita wraps with left over steak. No reason to ever throw anything away.

*exit x2* Had another idea for you.. since I'm hungry. You can use the same tortilla wraps to make breakfast wraps. Scramble up some eggs, or egg whites, whatever. Then throw your tortilla wrap on a grill to heat it or microwave it if you're lazy. Add the eggs with some american cheese and roll it up. Then you can let it sit on the skillet you made the eggs with for like 30 seconds a side to make it nice and golden brown.

Raleighwood
12-29-2010, 06:39 PM
A perfect post work out meal for me....

12-16oz steak, medium rare, with a chipotle cinnamon rub.
Baked sweet potato with organic paturized butter
bowl of fresh spinach with a olive oil + balsalmic vinaggerette dressing.

Codeguru
12-29-2010, 06:52 PM

**Want to cut btw

Nature's Own 100% Whole Grain Bread
Some Form of Lean Deli Meat

Depending on the store you goto that's like $.60-$.70 per sandwich. It's cheap and what is lazier than meat on bread?...

Codeguru

Behemoth
12-29-2010, 06:57 PM
If you're trying to cut, there is no "perfect food that you can eat as many times a day as you want". Broccoli or celery or something along those lines would be your closest bet. Theres the belief that you burn a great percentage of the few calories contained in those foods just by digesting them. Therefore you would have to eat signifigantly more calories worth of said vegetables than another food to actually gain weight, who knows. I honestly don't think anyone could stomache enough broccoli alone to gain weight in one day.

joey54
12-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Cottage cheese maybe?

Dan Fanelli
12-29-2010, 08:27 PM
If you are trying to cut, thenthings will be a bit different, because a lot of convenient foods are high in carbs and fat. Protein shakes will be pretty much a necessity. Fresh vegetables will be good to curb your hunger between meals. Other than that, you'll need a meat source preferably something lean. Cottage cheese would be a good staple for around the house as well.

CarlP
12-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Milk. I think it's perfect.

soclydeza
12-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Milk. I think it's perfect.

^^^^i second this

Kiff
12-30-2010, 05:42 PM
^^^^i second this

MMMM milk :)

soclydeza
12-30-2010, 07:58 PM
MMMM milk :)

^^^^i second this one also

Parker 1995
12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
peanut butter sandwhiches and milk<3

Parker 1995
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
A perfect post work out meal for me....

12-16oz steak, medium rare, with a chipotle cinnamon rub.
Baked sweet potato with organic paturized butter
bowl of fresh spinach with a olive oil + balsalmic vinaggerette dressing.

Are you serious? That sounds delicious!

Partyfoul
12-31-2010, 12:52 AM
peanut butter sandwhiches and milk<3

I read that PB&J isn't a good thing to eat.... Apparently peanut butter is loaded with salt and sugars. My favorite brand is Skipps all natural, what do you use?

Codeguru
12-31-2010, 02:25 AM
I read that PB&J isn't a good thing to eat.... Apparently peanut butter is loaded with salt and sugars. My favorite brand is Skipps all natural, what do you use?

Speaking for me, I use JIF or nothing. Heh, it can be loaded with crack for all I care, it's the best peanut butter I've ever tasted. But then again I don't eat it much anyway, more of a pig out item than daily meal. I recently tried it as a dip for some chocolate covered chex mix, needless to say they were all gone in one sitting...

Codeguru

dechrist
01-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Buy yourself the book Muscle Chow, and like everyone else said Milk (I buy mine from the local farm, grass fed cows), oh and cottage cheese and peanut butter and nitrean.

bradley
01-27-2011, 06:52 AM
I am surprised that no one has mentioned eggs. They are loaded with protein and healthy fats, and if you are trying to watch the calories just ditch the yolk. They are cheap and easily prepared. Just boil a couple dozen and store them in your fridge because they will keep for a few days.