PDA

View Full Version : 12/30/10...Bench Video

Brian Hopper
12-31-2010, 06:37 AM
Two years ago I tore my pec trying to bench 445lbs, and I haven't attempted that weight since. But I made a goal to try it by the end of 2010 and I did just that. It's not an all-time PR for me but it's still the most I benched since my injury.

_DEfORYw2vs

Kiff
12-31-2010, 06:49 AM
I am going to comment on this video on the PR thread, your Journal and here.

Top shizzle mate :)

GreggNJ
12-31-2010, 06:51 AM
That's awesome! You made those earlier weights look EASY!! I've got such a long way to go to hit some of those weights, but you guys are great motivation!

Way to end the year right!

martin
12-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Nice work Brian!

Brian Hopper
12-31-2010, 10:18 AM
I am going to comment on this video on the PR thread, your Journal and here.

Top shizzle mate :)

Thanks alot Kiff!!!

That's awesome! You made those earlier weights look EASY!! I've got such a long way to go to hit some of those weights, but you guys are great motivation!

Way to end the year right!

Thanks Gregg, just keep working hard and it will pay off. That's exactly how I wanted to end the year, so I'm very pleased.

Nice work Brian!

Thanks Martin, how's your training going?

smallwoodjt
12-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Awesome job man! Your speed off the chest is crazy good! Congrats on the PR. No better feeling than recovering from injury to come back.

martin
12-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks Martin, how's your training going?

Not bad thanks - been having my share of ups and downs recently with injuries. Hoping to bring something big to the platform in the new year though :)

Pete22
12-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Congrats bro! I bet that felt awesome, especially given the huge setback of tearing your pec.

Bosshogg300
12-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Nice work...made it look easy

Brian Hopper
12-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Awesome job man! Your speed off the chest is crazy good! Congrats on the PR. No better feeling than recovering from injury to come back.

Thanks!!! I do feel like my speed is getting better, now I just need to really work on my lockout strength. I was very happy to overcome that hurdle. That number has been haunting me for the past 2 years.

Not bad thanks - been having my share of ups and downs recently with injuries. Hoping to bring something big to the platform in the new year though :)

I hear you bro, just becareful and get healthy. I'm looking to bring something big to the platform myself. My main goal in gear next year is to total in the 2400 area @ 242.

Brian Hopper
12-31-2010, 02:22 PM
Congrats bro! I bet that felt awesome, especially given the huge setback of tearing your pec.

Thanks Pete, it did feel awesome especially trying it a second time.

Nice work...made it look easy

Thanks alot Bosshogg!!!!!

pricedtosell
12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Did that light tap on the bar on the first try at 445 really help you? It looked like a pretty legit bench to me, was surprised you didn't count it and hit it again.

I know when I hit a PR though and I think the spotter lightly tapped the bar and helped me it pisses me off though, haha. You didn't look like you needed the help on the first try.

MikeWilliams
12-31-2010, 07:34 PM
you made 425 look like 135...and your 445 was going up just fine, your spotter could have just let you continue your press unassisted....I'm sure he just wanted to help

either way your a strong MFer

Brian Hopper
12-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Did that light tap on the bar on the first try at 445 really help you? It looked like a pretty legit bench to me, was surprised you didn't count it and hit it again.

I know when I hit a PR though and I think the spotter lightly tapped the bar and helped me it pisses me off though, haha. You didn't look like you needed the help on the first try.

Thanks!!! When I attempt a weight I don't want the spotter to touch the bar unless it starts to go down. But he saw the bar stop and he tapped it to it get moving again. I really wasn't mad, and I think that was because I gave it another shot and got it. He always does a good job spotting me and getting my psyched for a lift.

you made 425 look like 135...and your 445 was going up just fine, your spotter could have just let you continue your press unassisted....I'm sure he just wanted to help

either way your a strong MFer

Thanks alot Mike!!! The spotter did a good job getting me out of that sticking point and even better on the 2nd attempt. Thanks again brother!!!!