PDA

View Full Version : 1120 Reverse Band Above Parallel Box Squat Raw

kingkong51
01-01-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZfo6iYCoCk

patricky
01-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuucking hell that is nuts!
Are you the strongest raw squatter in the world?

joey54
01-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Interesting. I thought you were looking at lowering the box as you went further on in your training cycle? Is that later down the line?

gatorman2k6
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuucking hell that is nuts!
Are you the strongest raw squatter in the world?

As of Dec. 19th Andrey Malanichev is the strongest with 992, but Big Rob is second. If I remember correctly, he has a meet in March and he is looking to hit that 1000lbs raw squat.

IronDiggy
01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Damn dude. Nice job!

JK1
01-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting. I thought you were looking at lowering the box as you went further on in your training cycle? Is that later down the line?

The meet is in March. we are still 9 weeks out

JK1
01-02-2011, 12:12 PM
As of Dec. 19th Andrey Malanichev is the strongest with 992, but Big Rob is second. If I remember correctly, he has a meet in March and he is looking to hit that 1000lbs raw squat.

Yes. Rob just hasn't updated his sig line.

theBarzeen
01-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow..... that's a strong dude...... good luck at your meet!

2kool
01-02-2011, 01:36 PM
strong as hell, im sure you work very hard to get where you are, much respect!

Travis Bell
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Extremely impressive effort Rob. Your training has done you well

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice work Rob!!!!

mastermonster
01-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Dang Rob! I think my squat went up just watching that! Go get your 1000 in March!

pricedtosell
01-03-2011, 12:37 AM
Awesome.

Just out of general curiosity, how much could you squat when you first started lifting and how long did it take you to build up to where you're at today?

NickAus
01-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Amazing show of strength!!

Looking very good!!

chris mason
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Strong!

JK1
01-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Here's something you guys are missing from this training video too..this wasn't the first time Rob got under that weight, but was the second time that training session (he may yell at me a little later for posting this, but I think you guys need to know it).

The first time as he was going down, the safety strap clevises got caught on the bar and started to throw him forward. I wasn't able to move the straps because of the pressure on them, so rather than dump the weight, he stood up with it and reracked the bar. He then took a couple of seconds, got his breath and did the set you see the video of. So that wasn't the first time under 1120, it was the second time that day.

Brian C
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Unreal show of strength Rob. Great job!

gatorman2k6
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Here's something you guys are missing from this training video too..this wasn't the first time Rob got under that weight, but was the second time that training session (he may yell at me a little later for posting this, but I think you guys need to know it).

The first time as he was going down, the safety strap clevises got caught on the bar and started to throw him forward. I wasn't able to move the straps because of the pressure on them, so rather than dump the weight, he stood up with it and reracked the bar. He then took a couple of seconds, got his breath and did the set you see the video of. So that wasn't the first time under 1120, it was the second time that day.

First, I will reiterate my previous comment that this shows Rob has serious strength. I really don't think you needed to say this though because it doesn't really matter. If I had wanted to, when I started the thread about Malanichev's squat, I could have mentioned it was his second time squatting 992. He went down and up with it twice, but stumbled the first time, so he got reds. Just thought I'd throw that out there since these 2 guys are getting compared a lot lately. Once again, strong work Rob.

Big_Byrd52
01-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Dats sum heavy shyte!

JK1
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
First, I will reiterate my previous comment that this shows Rob has serious strength. I really don't think you needed to say this though because it doesn't really matter. If I had wanted to, when I started the thread about Malanichev's squat, I could have mentioned it was his second time squatting 992. He went down and up with it twice, but stumbled the first time, so he got reds. Just thought I'd throw that out there since these 2 guys are getting compared a lot lately. Once again, strong work Rob.

Actually, the reason you put above is exactly why I said it and I do think it does matter. I'm well aware of Malanichev's 2nd attempt miss, but missed attempts don't get any recognition (in your own words Malanichev's didn't), on or off the platform in or out of the gym. Missed attempts are still something that stresses the heck out of the body. If you compete, I think you need to be able to take a miss, shake it off mentally and physically, and get right back under the weight. I am aware of lifters who in training who claim to never miss an attempt in training. Then they get to a meet and miss their opener... and cant pull it together on the 2nd or 3rd atttempt so they bomb. Obviously Malanichev trained to be able to take a miss and keep on going. I really do think its an important aspect of training, especially at this level and that's what I was trying to point out with what I posted..

The bottom line is hard work= big numbers on the platform. Thats really the most important thing.

JK1
01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
Dats sum heavy shyte!

Sam, when are you going to get down here and train with us? Ambre has been hinting at a road trip lately. Hitch a ride with her this spring and come on down if you can work it with school.