PDA

View Full Version : Vote for wannabebig.com!!!!

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 04:30 PM
So far we are in second place behind propowerinc.net

Let's get those votes in so we can be called 2010 Best Powerlifting Forum!!!

Click here to vote:
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/17596

ThomasG
01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Voted!

This link brings you directly to the poll.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/17593

2kool
01-02-2011, 04:37 PM
voted

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Voted!

This link brings you directly to the poll.

Cool, thanks Thomas!!!!

StLRPh
01-02-2011, 05:22 PM
voted

Brian C
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Done!

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys, let's keep them coming!!!! We are getting close, we are down by 3 votes to tie for first.

Behemoth
01-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Voted!

Keith
01-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Voted... for the tie!

jtteg_x
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
+1 to WBB. were in #1 now!

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
+1 to WBB. were in #1 now!

We are ahead by 4 votes, let's keep them coming!!!!

Off Road
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
12 ahead now :)

chris mason
01-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Ok, there are a lot of you here. Please go to powerliftingwatch.com and vote for WBB!

There is no way ProPower should be even close to us. Nice guys and a good site, but we have been around way longer and have a LOT more content.

Now, get it done! :)

chris mason
01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Seriously now! Propower is beating us? We have 8 zillion more members. Please click that link and vote - everyone!

mastermonster
01-03-2011, 12:10 AM
I already voted for us!

one rep under
01-03-2011, 12:33 AM
voted

chris mason
01-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys! Come on now, we need some more votes!

Brian Hopper
01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks guys! Come on now, we need some more votes!

Yeah we do, Propower is ahead by 28 votes...:mad:

vdizenzo
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I voted. Get in there and vote damnit!

Tim K
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
Voted!

NickAus
01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Done, we still need MORE!!

Brian Hopper
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
We need alot more, lets get those votes in!!!!

Brian Hopper
01-04-2011, 09:48 AM
We finally got ahead of them, we are now at 277 and they have 217. Let's continue to get those votes in!!!!!!

Buccos1
01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Voted!

NickAus
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
We are 71 ahead!!

MORE VOTES!! Lets blow them all out of the water...

IronDiggy
01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
I voted once at home and once at work :D

mastermonster
01-05-2011, 12:05 AM
We lead by 9% now and a 78 vote gap! Way to support!

austin.j.taylor
01-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Voted, in the lead

elilliebridge
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I've already voted twice for wannabebig on two different internet lines :-)

LuNa
01-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Voted.

BravoTango
01-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Voted!!

Tom Mutaffis
01-06-2011, 10:11 AM
I just looked at ProPowerInc's website and noticed something interesting, they have over 400 votes yet their forum only has 138 members - sounds like something shady is going on:

1841 Posts in 142 Topics Made by 138 Members. Latest Member: Brad Martin
Latest Post by EatThruThePain
on January 6, 2011, 11:06

Tom Mutaffis
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Just for reference purposes:

WannaBeBig Bodybuilding and Weightlifting Forums Statistics
Threads 136,087
Posts 2,375,584
Members 71,308
Welcome to our newest member, pvincent

Bosshogg300
01-06-2011, 10:25 AM
voted

vdizenzo
01-06-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm calling bravo sierra!

27Whitelights
01-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Voted

chris mason
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I think it lets you vote every day. I just voted again :). Same computer. So, everyone who has voted, please go back to the link and vote again.

Keith
01-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I think it lets you vote every day. I just voted again :). Same computer. So, everyone who has voted, please go back to the link and vote again.

I've tried that a few times but it hasn't worked. Only the one time.

How do they have so many votes with so little members??? Rigged!

brandonlilly3
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
I think its sad you guys are saying its rigged or something. I have posted on my page on Facebook, Pro Powers Facebook page, and so have many of the members. I really dont care what the poll says.... Someone referred me to this thread and I was kinda thinking it was fun spirited until it was called into question that we would cheat somehow. Im sorry, but that just doesnt fly with me. I had actually rejoined this site and was planning on keeping a log here as well to build the community. If this is what its like... no. Ill go back to my board with 138 members and remain there. I know you guys wont miss my presence amongst the 71000 members you have, but maybe its the fact the 138 members that care enough to put it on their Facebook, vote from their phones, and suggest it to their friends.... Good luck on the rest of the poll it obviously means more to you all than it does us.

Keith
01-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I think its sad you guys are saying its rigged or something. I have posted on my page on Facebook, Pro Powers Facebook page, and so have many of the members. I really dont care what the poll says.... Someone referred me to this thread and I was kinda thinking it was fun spirited until it was called into question that we would cheat somehow. Im sorry, but that just doesnt fly with me. I had actually rejoined this site and was planning on keeping a log here as well to build the community. If this is what its like... no. Ill go back to my board with 138 members and remain there. I know you guys wont miss my presence amongst the 71000 members you have, but maybe its the fact the 138 members that care enough to put it on their Facebook, vote from their phones, and suggest it to their friends.... Good luck on the rest of the poll it obviously means more to you all than it does us.

LOL, it was just a joke. I was curious as to how they have so many votes compared to the amount of members they have but after that fully detailed explanation, it makes sense.

Tom Mutaffis
01-06-2011, 04:20 PM

Since I am the one who posted those figured I feel compelled to respond and clarify things a bit. With ProPower being a niche forum and only being in existence for a short time the 138 members are likely almost all active, whereas WBB has been around for over 10 years and so a number of the registered users are no longer active.

The only reason that it seemed unusual is that you would think that if someone voted for a forum as being the "top forum" that they would also be a member, so when the number of votes was almost three times the number of current members on the forum it seemed questionable. It would be similar to if there were an election for a town that has 30,000 residents and somehow 90,000 people voted - but if it became known that residents of other towns were voting or current residents identified ways to vote multiple times (different computers, phones, etc.) then it would make sense.

Great job on promoting your forum for this contest, it obviously shows that you have a strong/dedicated following.

Songsangnim
01-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I... Good luck on the rest of the poll it obviously means more to you all than it does us.

Good explanation however the fact that 138 members have managed to get significantly more votes than a much bigger board that's been around a lot longer would seem to indicate the reverse. As you yourself said they are getting their friends (who may not even be members) to vote. Not a flame just pointing out something that you seem to have overlooked. But yes the calls of "cheating" are a bit OTT.

brandonlilly3
01-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Since I am the one who posted those figured I feel compelled to respond and clarify things a bit. With ProPower being a niche forum and only being in existence for a short time the 138 members are likely almost all active, whereas WBB has been around for over 10 years and so a number of the registered users are no longer active.

The only reason that it seemed unusual is that you would think that if someone voted for a forum as being the "top forum" that they would also be a member, so when the number of votes was almost three times the number of current members on the forum it seemed questionable. It would be similar to if there were an election for a town that has 30,000 residents and somehow 90,000 people voted - but if it became known that residents of other towns were voting or current residents identified ways to vote multiple times (different computers, phones, etc.) then it would make sense.

Great job on promoting your forum for this contest, it obviously shows that you have a strong/dedicated following.

Thank you. Honestly thank you, I respect anyone who can have an adult discussion and I appreciate that especially on the internet where that is rare. I am not a hot tempered person, but I do like to protect what is mine... I reread my post and I regret that I posted it in a manner that could be taken as me being a brat like "if you dont let me play I'll take my ball and go home" by saying I would leave. I will not leave as I do like this board and I know Chris is a good guy. SOOOOO... on that note, I see you guys just protecting what is yours. Thank you for having me and I hope to be a strong contributor.

brandonlilly3
01-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Good explanation however the fact that 138 members have managed to get significantly more votes than a much bigger board that's been around a lot longer would seem to indicate the reverse. As you yourself said they are getting their friends (who may not even be members) to vote. Not a flame just pointing out something that you seem to have overlooked. But yes the calls of "cheating" are a bit OTT.

Well stated and I would give you high marks in the argumentation and debate field (I was on the debate team in college and used to love taking a point and making an even stronger counter point). I think what has worked so well for us is the fact we have a PRO Power Facebook page that has nearly 600 members and I know that they are dedicated to that page as most are on Facebook during the day and we do some updates of photos and what not there that dont make it to the website. Again, thank you for having me on the board.

brandonlilly3
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Im not trying to stir the pot but we would welcome you guys on the forum... We need Strongman athletes and I need established forum members to help it grow!! Any takers???? :)

chris mason
01-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Rigged!

Lol... It's not a big deal to me other than just my generally competitive nature.

Brandon, you know I like you and I wish your business well. Heck, I've liked the heck out of it on FB. I just hate to lose :). So, we must crush you!

vdizenzo
01-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Well I am certainly not going to back pedal. I think you are a complete ... Nah, just kidding. You made a compelling argument with the facebook stuff. I would never know it because I don't social network, but my training partner Rob "Big Tee" McCray is trying to get me to.He said there are lots of plers on there. I find keeping up on the forums hard enough. Plus I don't have a 3/4G phone. What can I say, I'm in my forties.

I honestly did not even know your site existed until I saw the poll. It's very cool of you guy to pass your stuff on. I will definitely stop in.

brandonlilly3
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Rigged!

Lol... It's not a big deal to me other than just my generally competitive nature.

Brandon, you know I like you and I wish your business well. Heck, I've liked the heck out of it on FB. I just hate to lose :). So, we must crush you!

I understand!!! I know you have! And we better be selling AtLarge on our site... HINT HINT HINT! Ill give you and ad right now. Since moving to Westside Ive used the exact same supplement program just with At Large... 2325 coming in 2500 now...

NickAus
01-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Thank you. Honestly thank you, I respect anyone who can have an adult discussion and I appreciate that especially on the internet where that is rare. I am not a hot tempered person, but I do like to protect what is mine... I reread my post and I regret that I posted it in a manner that could be taken as me being a brat like "if you dont let me play I'll take my ball and go home" by saying I would leave. I will not leave as I do like this board and I know Chris is a good guy. SOOOOO... on that note, I see you guys just protecting what is yours. Thank you for having me and I hope to be a strong contributor.

I really respect what you have said Brandon.

Great stuff, nice to read a positive outcome!!