PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lilliebridge - 815lbs raw deadlift, new PR!

elilliebridge
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Finally beat my old PR of 800lbs! It's been 13 months since I tore my hamstring and my deadlifts are feeling 100% again. Here's the video of my new PR with 815!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrzio5Lf19g

Brian Hopper
01-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Strong pull Eric, nice work!!!!!

ThomasG
01-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Holy ****!! Very impressive.

MikeWilliams
01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
congrats that was amazing...

theBarzeen
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Nice work Eric, it must be the new shoes!

How did the Ernie's do?

Pete22
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome bro congrats. Looks like you got more in you too.

NickAus
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Massive!!!!!

jtteg_x
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
wow, that sure was an easy 815! congrats on the new PR

chris mason
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM
Nice! I knew sending you a million pounds of protein, BCAAs, and RESULTS a month would have to do something :p.

elilliebridge
01-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Nice! I knew sending you a million pounds of protein, BCAAs, and RESULTS a month would have to do something :p.

Thanks Chris!! It's definitely helped out A LOT, that's for sure!

mastermonster
01-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Cranked that right up! Very impressive!

Big_Byrd52
01-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Nice work. Very Impressive. Can u give us the run down on ur DL training so i dont have to wade thru hundreds of posts on ur training log to piecemeal it? (which ive already tried to do haha)

Kiff
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Brilliant!

elilliebridge
01-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice work. Very Impressive. Can u give us the run down on ur DL training so i dont have to wade thru hundreds of posts on ur training log to piecemeal it? (which ive already tried to do haha)

Thanks!!

As far as my deadlift training goes, I deadlift heavy every other week. One week I squat, the next week I deadlift. On my squat days, I will usually deadlift light afterwards, just to do the movement and always work on my form. On my deadlift days, I will squat first, nothing too heavy, just to warm up and get my blood flow and get loose.

When i'm not training for a meet, every workout I just go by how I feel, I don't really have anything set to do. I never pull reps on the deadlifts though, me personally I think they're a waste of time, but that's just for me.. they just don't work good for me.. but on squats they work great.

So lets say i'm getting ready to start my training cycle, I usually find my meet I want to do, and I back track 8 weeks from the meet, this way I have 4 squat workouts and 4 deadlift workouts to train for because I switch every week.

For squats I really like doing something like this, my first week i'll pick out a weight i think i can do for 5 reps, and see how it goes, if I get the 5 reps, then 2 weeks later I figure out a weight I could do for 4 reps, If I get that weight, 2 weeks later I figure out what I could do for 3 reps..... once all that is done, I'm on my last week of squats, I figure out what i could do for 2 reps and if i get that, I have a pretty good idea of what i'll be shooting for in the meet for a single rep. So squats i like doing 5, 4, 3, 2 with reps up to the meet.

For deadlifts I never pull reps, I always pull singles and it's always 3 singles just like you would do in a meet. So my next training cycle would probably be something like this....
I know my best is 815 and for my next training cycle i would like to shoot for a 10-20lb PR to beat that deadlift, so i'll back track from there, making 15-20lb jumps on my last single pull all the way up to the final week, always working on form and speed with the heavier weights. My first deadlift week I would probably start out with trying to pull 750 on my last single, 65lbs away from my all time best, my jumps would be 650, 700, 750 for that week.... 2 weeks later i'd work up to 765 on my last single pull, probably do 655, 705, 765 for that week.... my next deadlift week i'd jump another 20lbs on my last single pull and shoot for 785.... i would probably do something like 675, 730, 785 for that week.... and my final week i'd jump another 20lbs which would be 805 on my last single pull and by this point in the cycle, you should be pretty much peaked and ready to go for your meet, your last single pull should be easy, so i would probably do something like 705, 755, 805 for that last week, and depending on how good my last single pull felt, i would have a pretty good idea of what I will shoot for in the meet after squating and benching. You will definitely know how much more you have left in you.

It might seem kind of hard to understand, but it's honestly very easy.... basically i pull heavy every other week, i pull 3 heavy singles just like in a meet and i make about 15-20lb jumps on my last single pull every time i deadlift, all the way up to the meet. That's the way i've been doing it for years now and it's helped me out a lot with working with heavier weight and keeping my form.

AdamBAG
01-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Sick!

Big_Byrd52
01-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Interesting approach. Ive always done them both together and alternated them also, but i cant get away with just singles on the DL. U just do singles on ur light weeks also? What meet do u have ur eye on?

elilliebridge
01-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Interesting approach. Ive always done them both together and alternated them also, but i cant get away with just singles on the DL. U just do singles on ur light weeks also? What meet do u have ur eye on?

Yeah i totally understand, everyone is different. Whenever i've done reps before on the deadlift, my back always felt stiff for along time and my pulls didn't get much stronger...when i started to stick with pulling singles for my cycles, my pulls shot up a lot and my form got a lot better. On my light weeks, the most i will usually work up to is around 500ish, and those i will do for like doubles or triples with deadstop reps but it's a light enough weight to where it's not going to be very hard on my back. And i'm looking at doing the UPA nationals on April 17th, it's very close to where i live. I'm starting my training for that in early feburary so for the next few weeks i'm probably going to take it easy on the squats and deadlifts and get ready to go hard for that cycle.

NickAus
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for posting all that Eric!

Good to know!

Big_Byrd52
01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Yeah i totally understand, everyone is different. Whenever i've done reps before on the deadlift, my back always felt stiff for along time and my pulls didn't get much stronger...when i started to stick with pulling singles for my cycles, my pulls shot up a lot and my form got a lot better. On my light weeks, the most i will usually work up to is around 500ish, and those i will do for like doubles or triples with deadstop reps but it's a light enough weight to where it's not going to be very hard on my back. And i'm looking at doing the UPA nationals on April 17th, it's very close to where i live. I'm starting my training for that in early feburary so for the next few weeks i'm probably going to take it easy on the squats and deadlifts and get ready to go hard for that cycle.

The bold italics sounds like my DL progress the last several years! haha Ive finally got it moving with front squats and rack pulls on a separate day. How many double or triples u talking on ur light DL day?

Ill be following ur training as u get ready for UPA. I saw u in a video with Stan a few weeks ago and i was like WTF?! This guy is only 20? Lots of potential, im sure u will make a big mark on the sport in the years that follow.

Ive got the raw unity in three weeks just to get back on the platform, but looking for another around April.

Travis Bell
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Nice pull Eric!

Erik 23
01-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Awesome Pull Eric the speed of your deadliftt was sick also. Thank you for posting how you train on here that will help a lot of people out i know since talking to you my squat and deadlift have jumped a lot since alteranting my weeks like that. One question though can you post a little bit about how you go about your bench training too ? thanx man.

4g64fiero
01-04-2011, 01:31 PM
You are an absolute beast. That was easy for you.

overload865
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Monsterous pulling!!!

cic
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Crazy strong. Wow!