PDA

View Full Version : Supps

Bosshogg300
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I am looking around for some good supps to help aid in my powerlifting, i am no stranger to taking them, but am looking for peoples opinions and experiences and or pro and cons, i am considering a creatine like SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 and a Glutamine, and ultimate nutritions muscle juice 2600 for a protein or go back to using optimum nutritions pro complex gainer

Travis Bell
01-03-2011, 07:15 PM
One of the best things you could consider is taking a look at AtLarge Nutrition's Results and Nitrean

Those two would be really all you need to have a solid basic regimen

Off Road
01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I second Results and Nitrean sold by AtLarge Nutrition.
Just look at the link in my signature, or at the top of the forum, or in the specified forum.

bigbadwolfe
01-03-2011, 07:32 PM
I will 3rd what Travis said!!! The Nitrean and Results are awesome stuff!!! Also look into the ETS that is one of the best supps I ever used.

GreggNJ
01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Results is awesome!! Chocolate Nitrean with some milk, tastes like it SHOULDN'T be good for you - it's delicious!! ETS is also a great supplement as well - once results is back in stock I've got an order all ready to go.

jtteg_x
01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Protein, creatine and a joint supplement is definitely crucial for powerlifting. I take ON whey pre-workout and Nitrean or Opticen post workout. Since your looking at weight gainers, you can continue using what your using now (assuming its working for you) or try ALN Maximus. I would simply go with whatever is cheaper as both ON and ALN only make top quality supplements.
Any creatine product will do fine. Monohydrate seems to be the most effective form as its cheap and simple. Go with whatever is cheaper. Theres not much hardcore science behind creatine monohydrate.
I don't take any Glutamine product so I can't comment on that. Now that you brought it up, I will consider it. I do take joint support which consists of Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM.

Tom Mutaffis
01-04-2011, 09:09 AM
I am looking around for some good supps to help aid in my powerlifting, i am no stranger to taking them, but am looking for peoples opinions and experiences and or pro and cons, i am considering a creatine like SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 and a Glutamine, and ultimate nutritions muscle juice 2600 for a protein or go back to using optimum nutritions pro complex gainer

For Powerlifting I would definitely pick up Results from AtLarge Nutrition and some Nitrean protein powder. Results is a combination of Creapure Creatine, Beta Alanine, and MTI HMB - the gains from this product will be significantly better than Creatine alone (especially Kre-Alkalyn).

Take Results on a daily basis and you should notice a boost in strength after 2-3 weeks of consistent use. The protein powder will be more subtle but will help you to build strength over a period of time. Both of these supplements have numerous scientific studies and years of testimonials to back up their effectiveness - and AtLarge is a brand that has been used by many top strength athletes so you can trust the quality/purity.

**If you are on a budget and looking to maximize cost-effectiveness then I would go with a stack of Creatine500 and Nitrean. The Creatine500 is only $15 for a three-month supply and Nitrean comes out to less than $1/scoop (and also can be used to replace meals if mixed with milk/oatmeal/etc.).

ScottYard
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Ill echoe everyone else

Results
ETS
Nitrean
Opticen

All great tools for getting stronger.