PDA

View Full Version : Looking to try some new supps

austin.j.taylor
01-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I am looking to try some new supps. I have seen you sponsor powerlifters and strongman, and quite frankly i am happy that someone is doing that. I was curious if someone could break down a basic stack for someone who trains a hybrid power/hypertrophy routine and throws some strangman event training in when the weather is nice. I am by no means looking to bulk, i would prefer to stay my current bodyweight while leaning out.

Off Road
01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
The most popular products are Nitrean for protein requirements, Results for strength and size, and ETS for recovery.

Tom Mutaffis
01-05-2011, 09:39 AM
I was curious if someone could break down a basic stack for someone who trains a hybrid power/hypertrophy routine and throws some strangman event training in when the weather is nice. I am by no means looking to bulk, i would prefer to stay my current bodyweight while leaning out.

Your goal (remaining at the same body weight while improving body composition) is typically defined as "re-comping". Since you do a mix of power and hypertrophy work it would be beneficial to include a supplement to boost strength / strength endurance, and then depending on your diet would also likely be worthwhile to increase your protein intake with a quality protein supplement.

My recommendation would be:

- Creatine500 or Results (depending on budget)
- Nitrean or Opticen (depending on when you plan to drink your shakes)

For your goals I would say that 2-3 scoops of Nitrean in the morning and (2) scoops post-workout would be your best bet. The Results or Creatine500 just needs to be taken on a daily basis and you should notice the effects in 2-3 weeks.

I have noticed significant strength/physique improvements with ALN supplements.

austin.j.taylor
01-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I cant results on the website, must be unavailable right now. I am going to pick up some Nitrean on my next order and probably some creatine mono. You cant ever go wrong with creatin mono, imo

Tom Mutaffis
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I cant results on the website, must be unavailable right now. I am going to pick up some Nitrean on my next order and probably some creatine mono. You cant ever go wrong with creatin mono, imo

Results is on back-order right now but should be in stock next week some time from what I understand. Either way like you said you cannot go wrong with Creatine500 (Creapure).

Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with regarding your training or nutrition plan.

austin.j.taylor
01-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Results is on back-order right now but should be in stock next week some time from what I understand. Either way like you said you cannot go wrong with Creatine500 (Creapure).

Please let me know if there is anything that I can help with regarding your training or nutrition plan.

Tom,
Thanks for the offer, but i think i am heading in the correct direction as far as training and nutrition right now. Doing it on the other hand has been the tough part. My discipline sucks right now. You could help me with getting some contests going in Iowa though. I am going to do at least one this year, but they are all fairly far away from where i live.