PDA

View Full Version : Do powerlifters shave their legs?

themavinator
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
From all the squat videos i see it seems like alot of them do but it also seems like it would be viewed as lame in the powerlifting community for being a bodybuilding type of thing. What do you think?

Travis Bell
01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
LOL no I've never noticed anyone (least at Westside) shaving their legs

JK1
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
From all the squat videos i see it seems like alot of them do but it also seems like it would be viewed as lame in the powerlifting community for being a bodybuilding type of thing. What do you think?

LOL. What the hell?

When you have big legs, your pants will basically rub the hair off of them. If you look close most of the big guys have weird hair patterns with no hair on the back of their calves or the sides of their thighs. Its not because of shaving, its because even big fat man pants are too small.

SELK
01-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Ive seen plenty of guys that do actually. They claim its easier on the skin with knee wraps/suits/shirts etc. I don't see the point myself.

Lones Green
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Usually it seems most powerlifters are pretty hairy, LOL

theBarzeen
01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I've seen a few guys do it to help get their gear to stay put....... never bothered with it myself.... my bodybuilding days are done.

Pete22
01-07-2011, 09:41 PM
The bar shaves my thighs pretty good when I'm deadlifting.

Aqualoo
01-08-2011, 03:03 AM
LOL. What the hell?

When you have big legs, your pants will basically rub the hair off of them. If you look close most of the big guys have weird hair patterns with no hair on the back of their calves or the sides of their thighs. Its not because of shaving, its because even big fat man pants are too small.

Have this problem a lot with the Army Combat Uniform(ACU). Rubs off the hair on the back of my calves and the inside/front of my thighs.

NickAus
01-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I dont have very big calves but the hair on the back of them always rubs off.

ScottYard
01-08-2011, 07:46 AM
I have a gym bud who shaves his entire body. He always scratches my arm when i take straps from him during a back work out. Very annoying lol

GazzyG
01-08-2011, 07:54 AM
The bar shaves my thighs pretty good when I'm deadlifting.

The bar shaves the skin off my shins pretty good when I'm deadlifting, haha!

IronDiggy
01-08-2011, 08:37 AM
I've heard of dudes shaving their chest cause their hair gets ripped out when someone pulls the shirt down... But not shaving legs. Personally the hair on my legs is so light it doesn't show up in video's or pictures.

ironwill727
01-09-2011, 12:42 PM
I don't I probably should cuz I am pretty frikken hairy. I shave my chest purely for sex appeal though lol.