PDA

View Full Version : Upper Back

kingns
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
What are the best ways for me to work my upper back to build my bench? On my ME day I plan to do a ton of upper back and rear delt work and keep my lat stuff on a separate day. What are some good ones to do? I currently do face-pulls, seated DB cleans, rear delt raises.......
Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Hopper
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I'm a big fan of facepulls and pulldowns high on the chest with elbows up. I feel these hit my upper back the best.

Lones Green
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I like rack pulls against bands, one arm dumbbell rows, CSR, seated rows, pulldowns with various grips, face pulls, shrugs, band pull aparts, etc. There is a ton of stuff you can do.

NickAus
01-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Yep mix it up and see what works for you.

Good luck.

Travis Bell
01-08-2011, 07:16 AM
I like rack pulls against bands, one arm dumbbell rows, CSR, seated rows, pulldowns with various grips, face pulls, shrugs, band pull aparts, etc. There is a ton of stuff you can do.

^ what he said

Brian Hopper
01-08-2011, 08:00 AM
rack pulls against bands, one arm dumbbell rows, CSR, seated rows, , shrugs.

I didn't even think about these, I like these as well to hit my middle/upper back area.

bigbadwolfe
01-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Face Pulls!!! I do a ton of them whether it is seated on a lat pulldown, or standing in a cable crossover pulling to face with a tricep pushdown rope. I also started doing shrugs on the Chest Supported Tbar Row. I sink down a little and just shrug the weight up instead of pulling with my lats I pull with my traps and rear delts. I will also do a face pull on these to. And I love our Pec Deck Rear Delt machine.