PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift suits for conventional pulling

burt128
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I've recently made the switch to conventional from sumo for my raw pulls and I'm itching to try out a suited conventional pull. I've always pulled sumo in my old Titan squat suit -- has anyone tried pulling conventional in one of those? What other suits do people like for conventional deadlifting?

Brian Hopper
01-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I've pulled conventional in a Titan Super Centurion with velcro straps and it worked out well for me. I haven't tried the Titan Velocity yet. My last deadlift suit I used was a Metal Pro King DL suit and it seemed to work the best. Alot of conventional pullers that I know love Metal gear to pull in.

burt128
01-09-2011, 06:40 PM
I'll give that a try.

kingns
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
I use a titan velocity. Its sorta loose, the only thing I've used, but I get a really good pop off the floor. Unfortunately I struggle at the lockout anyways so I don't really get anything out of it.

NickAus
01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
I have a king pro 52 for sale what size are your legs/ hips?

burt128
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks, the King Pro is out for me -- not IPF legal.

Brian Hopper
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Metal does make an IPF approved deadlift suit.

burt128
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Metal does make an IPF approved deadlift suit.

They do and I've heard some good things about it. I'm going to give pulling in my old Titan squat suit a whirl and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I might try the IPF Metal deadlift suit.

mastermonster
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
They do and I've heard some good things about it. I'm going to give pulling in my old Titan squat suit a whirl and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I might try the IPF Metal deadlift suit.

I pulled in the Titan Centurion in the past and liked it. Then I switched to the Titan Velocity when it came out and I like it much better. I wear the Velocity in a size 46 and can still get to the bar well and get great pop off the floor. I wear a 48 Centurion for single ply squats. I'd get the size smaller in the Velocity if you dedide you don't like pulling in your Centurion. I've never tried the Metal DL suits. Good luck!

basbolstar
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Metal makes a great suit. I love the adj straps.

BloodandThunder
01-10-2011, 06:28 PM
TBH, the Metal single ply stuff runs quickly, only giving you so many uses out of it. I believe Brad G pulls in one though. For single ply, the Max DL and the Velocity seem to be the most widely used suits conventional wise. Make sure you don't sacrifice your starting position and make sure to work alot of overload to get a good amount of it though. If you can find one, an old school Marathon suit would be the way to go (but not IPF legal). A Titan DL suit or an old normal stance Centurion worn backwards may be the cheapest options if you're short on cash.

burt128
01-10-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. I tried a Velocity for my sumo pull and I really didn't like it, but perhaps it wasn't tight enough on me (I got one size up from my competition squat suit). Money isn't really an issue, but if I can do okay pulling in my old squat suit, I'll probably do that. I've already got quite a bit of powerlifting gear, so adding more probably won't be well-received by my wife. :-)

theBarzeen
01-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Just get the wife a matching one.......

muscle_g
01-11-2011, 05:43 PM
I know the Inzer Fusion is made for conventional deadlifters. Everyone at Big Iron gym loves them.