PDA

View Full Version : shoulder pain help

northman
01-10-2011, 02:59 PM
hey guys and gals,happy new year.been struggling with shoulder pain after minor motorcycle accident.been benching at about 50%,girlfiend bought me a slingshot,which really helps with benching in the 70%range.can't do anything but baby dumbell presses overhead.pains not unbearable but gotta draw the line somewhere,any recommendations on lifts or stretches would help.mike

Brian C
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Have you had it checked out by your doctor to find what is actually causing the pain? Without knowing, you might do more damage than good with certain stretches and lifts. I have left cuff problems, and dislocates help me to get ready for heavy bench and squatting.

drew
01-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Until you see a doctor and get a diagnosis, any advice you get is just guessing.

theBarzeen
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I gotta agree that you need to see a doctor or physical therapist to figure out what is wrong first..... what might help one thing could hurt another.

FWIW: I've been doing all of my shoulder work ( lateral, front and rear raises) with the Iron Mind dumbbell ( only has weight on one side) it allows you to add an internal or external rotation to each movement which has helped my rotator cuff pain http://ironmind-store.com/The-Wrist-Reinforcer153/productinfo/1260/

I'm sure that you could use a sledge or maybe a kettlebell if you wanted to.....

Gracie V
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
love my slingshot!! my coach hurt his shoulder benching about a montha go now SWEARS by fat grips... not sure if it'd only help rotator cuff issues or what but apparently they rock.

vdizenzo
01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree that you need to see a dr. Also, not sure why you'd be using a slingshot right now, just to up the percentage you can lift. To me, that's just more weight that can hurt your shoulder and or come crashing down on you.