PDA

View Full Version : Who is this?

josh777m
01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Ive been reading these forums daily for over a year but i never log in to post...but i just have to show/find out about this guy

Who is he and how is he so strong? haha

he has a video of a 780lb squat

http://www.reactivetrainingsystems.com/blogs/userblog/63

Lones Green
01-11-2011, 06:47 PM
He's a pretty well known guy. Hit up a youtube or a google search.

Travis Bell
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Mike is a USAPL and RUM competitor

Very strong guy

pricedtosell
01-11-2011, 10:27 PM
I really like his squat form. I've been looking for raw lifters with squat form I can emulate. His looks perfect, and he has a ton of training videos up.

IronDiggy
01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
He's also got a 900some geared squat. Def my hero lol.

AdamBAG
01-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Mike Tuscherer (sp?)

Top 275er in USAPL and represents the USA on the IPF level.

Behemoth
01-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I really like his squat form. I've been looking for raw lifters with squat form I can emulate. His looks perfect, and he has a ton of training videos up.

I'm not hating on him, I know at those massive weights whats considered perfect form at lighter weights doesn't quite so much apply and seldom materializes, but I could certainly think of more textbook squatting to aspire to emulate, no?

IronDiggy
01-12-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm not hating on him, I know at those massive weights whats considered perfect form at lighter weights doesn't quite so much apply and seldom materializes, but I could certainly think of more textbook squatting to aspire to emulate, no?

I would say stop trying to emulate others and find what works for you. If you need a starting point find someone with similar levers as you and emulate that and build from there. If you fallow Mike at all he has spent a lot of time figuring out his squat form and what works well for him through his video's.

Behemoth
01-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I would say stop trying to emulate others and find what works for you. If you need a starting point find someone with similar levers as you and emulate that and build from there. If you fallow Mike at all he has spent a lot of time figuring out his squat form and what works well for him through his video's.

I don't follow him nor do I aspire to emulate him. Obviously his form does work for him. My point was simply if you're going to aspire to emulate ones squatting style (and pricedtosell is) then chose one that is more textbook clean. Maybe pricedtosell is already at a very advanced level, has similar leverages, and can pull off a squat of that nature perfectly fine and safely just as Mike in the video does. If that's the case, then fine. I was simply making the point that for most, thats not a proper way to learn to squat.

I am not being that guy that hates on somebody's lift because they're style or form is different. That was an extremely impressive raw squat and I am not in anyway trying to detract form it.

josh777m
01-12-2011, 02:04 PM
what would you say, for example, is different about the way he squats from textbook style squatting

pricedtosell
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't follow him nor do I aspire to emulate him. Obviously his form does work for him. My point was simply if you're going to aspire to emulate ones squatting style (and pricedtosell is) then chose one that is more textbook clean. Maybe pricedtosell is already at a very advanced level, has similar leverages, and can pull off a squat of that nature perfectly fine and safely just as Mike in the video does. If that's the case, then fine. I was simply making the point that for most, thats not a proper way to learn to squat.

I am not being that guy that hates on somebody's lift because they're style or form is different. That was an extremely impressive raw squat and I am not in anyway trying to detract form it.

I was referring to the way he gets his hips back and starts the first movement of his descent with his hips, as opposed to his legs. Obviously, it's a given that if you're in gear that you're going to squat this way. For raw squatters though, I haven't seen as many that initiate the movement with their hips as he does and still are able to get the kind of depth that passes in IPF competition.

Also, in all of his training videos (that I saw), he had a very distinct movement where he pushed his hips back and then started his squat. I've never seen anyone break the movement up like that so that they begin the first part of the descent with their hips already back, and it's something I plan on trying.

If you know of some other raw squatters who have a ton of training videos up that I can watch, who start their squats as he does and still get the kind of depth he does then feel free to let me know.

Behemoth
01-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I was referring to the way he gets his hips back and starts the first movement of his descent with his hips, as opposed to his legs. Obviously, it's a given that if you're in gear that you're going to squat this way. For raw squatters though, I haven't seen as many that initiate the movement with their hips as he does and still are able to get the kind of depth that passes in IPF competition.

Also, in all of his training videos (that I saw), he had a very distinct movement where he pushed his hips back and then started his squat. I've never seen anyone break the movement up like that so that they begin the first part of the descent with their hips already back, and it's something I plan on trying.

If you know of some other raw squatters who have a ton of training videos up that I can watch, who start their squats as he does and still get the kind of depth he does then feel free to let me know.

I don't, I seldom watch powerlifting oriented videos. I simply thought that his hips were progressively rising faster in subsequent reps. I know nothing about squatting in gear.

MikeWilliams
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
he's got quite an arch for bench press..it looks like he barely has to move the weight from the angle of the camera