PDA

View Full Version : ignorance is NOT bliss

kwwilson
01-12-2011, 10:15 AM
i am taking "the cleaner" week for whole body detox, ultra man sport vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, and i have n.o.explode, and whey protein powder but do not know how to use them and what or when to eat during the day. I want to lose weight from my core to get my abs working but have found that when i do crunches or leg lifts there is a bulge that pops out of my stomach the size of a small football, scared the mess out of me. I want to train hard but i don't know how to eat or workout anymore I need help for me as well as my wife. She is 140 pounds over weight and when she works out on cardio she gets light headed and dizzy. just from the treadmill. Please help, I am open to almost anything you all can advise.

Behemoth
01-12-2011, 10:21 AM
i am taking "the cleaner" week for whole body detox, ultra man sport vitamins, omega 3 fish oil, and i have n.o.explode, and whey protein powder but do not know how to use them and what or when to eat during the day. I want to lose weight from my core to get my abs working but have found that when i do crunches or leg lifts there is a bulge that pops out of my stomach the size of a small football, scared the mess out of me. I want to train hard but i don't know how to eat or workout anymore I need help for me as well as my wife. She is 140 pounds over weight and when she works out on cardio she gets light headed and dizzy. just from the treadmill. Please help, I am open to almost anything you all can advise.

You need to see a doctor. It sounds like you have a hernia and it can be very, very dangerous if you try to workout with one and rupture it.

Mercuryblade
01-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Detox is total absolute bunk as well.

tom183
01-12-2011, 02:48 PM
A small football? Get to a doctor asap.

kjd2121
01-18-2011, 01:52 PM
I think he trying to be funny and is describing his large pot belly.

Codeguru
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM

Eat less? There's tons of things you can do to burn the fat off but you have to actually do them. Use all that lovely bodyfat to build some muscle as you eat correctly and move down in weight. I've noticed I get less hungry if I actually work out that day. On rest days it's harder to resist wanting to stuff myself with food. So I really only have 1 rest day a week, and the rest I fill up with cardio, a weight lifting schedule, and ab workouts. But anyway, just start by counting your calories and whatever workouts you can handle. And it also helps to not think of it as overweight. If you look in the mirror, you know if you're fat or not in your opinion. The scale is great to accompany your fat loss with cold hard numbers but sometimes it just gets in the way...

Codeguru

kwwilson
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
It is weird that when I flex it is not bulging out, but if I do leg lifts and crunches WITHOUT FLEXING my stomach before the movement it does bulge out, but when I do flex prior to movement it stays down. I have had a lot of problems with my stomach all my life but it always helps to train those muscles. Also yes I must agree that I am in need of a lot of training but we all have to start somewhere right. Here is a month week transition for you, I lost 16 lbs. and doing better at my training thanks to you alls help.

Dan Fanelli
01-18-2011, 10:29 PM
It is weird that when I flex it is not bulging out, but if I do leg lifts and crunches WITHOUT FLEXING my stomach before the movement it does bulge out, but when I do flex prior to movement it stays down. I have had a lot of problems with my stomach all my life but it always helps to train those muscles. Also yes I must agree that I am in need of a lot of training but we all have to start somewhere right. Here is a month week transition for you, I lost 16 lbs. and doing better at my training thanks to you alls help.

Is it a small lump on one specific spot, or the whole middle/lower portion of your stomach bulges? If it is this, thats normal. It has to do with the linea alba going slack and allowing it to form this shape. Simple solution? Dont do any crunches.

kwwilson
01-19-2011, 01:34 AM
It is a bulge that comes up about 3 inches above my naval and an inch or two below my sternum. It's about 3 inches wide and 4 or 5 inches long. It is real mushy not hard and if it bulges out I can push it back in with no effort while my legs are raised. No pain, but I have a real high tolerance for pain.Example, I broke my collarbone off of my sternum and thought I pulled a muscle until 3 months later I ate threw my rotator cuff and cut the nerve and my arm went limp. Had the surgery and now is as good as new.

Behemoth
01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
You need to see a doctor.