PDA

View Full Version : Resisting the "fat and lazy" condition in 2011

McLaughlin
01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Greetings,

My name is Will and this is my journal for 2011. After about 2-3 years of not working out I'm finally ready to start again. I'm 5'7 and 24 years old. As of this morning I weighed in around 178.

Goals:
1. Lose my gut
2. Lower my body fat %
3. Bulk up "the right way"

Currently living in San Antonio, TX using a Gold's Gym, they have just about everything I could want, especially for just starting out. I started eating better about 2-3 months ago and have lost weight from 196 (heaviest I've ever been in my life) to what I'm at now (178). I realized recently that 1. I can't lose any more weight without adding the gym to my life, and 2. I hate being tubby.

Anyway here's what I accomplished in the gym today before exhaustion set in, and I had to get to work:

10:51 on the treadmill covering 0.63 miles. Alternated between walking at 3.5 setting and running at 5.0 setting. Wasn't really impressed by this, but then again, I live a sedentary life up until now, working from home, not moving much.

Squats: (always a favorite)
bar x 5
095 x 5
145 x 5 x 2

These felt real good, just like I remember, except about a hundred pounds lighter. After my last set my legs and back were starting to hurt so I decided to stop with the squats.

Overhead Press: (another favorite)
bar x 5
065 x 5 x 2

Again, real exhausted at this point, after this I decided to head home and get to work.

--

Overall I'm pleased with this workout. I'm planning to go back on Friday for some more cardio + deadlifts.

That pretty much sums up my current situation and my plans, it's a simple 2 day rotation that loosely covers my whole body. I don't want to add much more until I get in somewhat better shape. Honestly it's hard to describe how bad off I am fitness-wise.