PDA

View Full Version : IPA Pro/Elite

J Stottlemire
01-14-2011, 06:07 AM
This was brought up before, but I will be up for the Arnold and the meet. I was wondering who all was still doing this meet and hear how things are going for everyone with their training.

Travis Bell
01-14-2011, 06:50 AM
I think a lot of people are doing the SPF Ironman

But I know Luyando and Key are both going to the IPA meet. As is Mike Wolfe I believe

vdizenzo
01-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Having shoulder issues. Interestingly, it only bothers me with the shirt. I'm going to have to go at it raw. Was told I could not bench on the pro day if I went raw. Rules is rules. However, I would like to bench with my training partner Tee Tee. Plus I was excited to get on the platform with Rob, Paul, and Wolf, but that is not to be. So I am going to head to TN instead. Everyone is benching on the same day.

I have not been really training raw. Plus I'm much lighter than when I used to bench raw. Dave Tate is helping me clear up my programming a little. Hopefully I can put together a good 6-7 weeks of training for a raw bench before the meet. It's going to be fun to see all the boys in TN. I know the WS guys will be there, plus many Elite Team members. Trav and I might finally get to share the platform.

Good luck to all with your training.

douglasoh5
01-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Ya all the big boys will be in tennesse

J Stottlemire
01-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys I'm going to give the meet a go in my Single ply Titan Katana from Ken Anderson, I haven't had the time to learn mult-ply but looking forward to later in the year, I am mainly a USPF guy, but I did a IPA Nationals in 2009 and it was a blast and equipment is equipment, hope to meet some of you guys at the meet and good luck and keep me updated with how things are going.

Jason198
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
I plan to lift in the Full power, never squatted in a meet and probably should not start now.....

tnathletics2b
01-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I live in Chattanooga, about an hour and half south of Knoxville. Where is the meet? If I can swing it, it would be fun to go catch part of it since there are going to be so many heavy lifters there!

Big_Byrd52
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
I live in Chattanooga, about an hour and half south of Knoxville. Where is the meet? If I can swing it, it would be fun to go catch part of it since there are going to be so many heavy lifters there!

You should be lifting at Train Station in Middle Valley. Forza bench, monolift, okie DL bar, texas power bar, mastedon squat bar and a good group of PL. Hixson Pike past Chester Frost across from the Arbys.

kingkong51
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Having shoulder issues. Interestingly, it only bothers me with the shirt. I'm going to have to go at it raw. Was told I could not bench on the pro day if I went raw. Rules is rules. However, I would like to bench with my training partner Tee Tee. Plus I was excited to get on the platform with Rob, Paul, and Wolf, but that is not to be. So I am going to head to TN instead. Everyone is benching on the same day.

I have not been really training raw. Plus I'm much lighter than when I used to bench raw. Dave Tate is helping me clear up my programming a little. Hopefully I can put together a good 6-7 weeks of training for a raw bench before the meet. It's going to be fun to see all the boys in TN. I know the WS guys will be there, plus many Elite Team members. Trav and I might finally get to share the platform.

Good luck to all with your training.
So you coming to Ironman this year?

JK1
01-14-2011, 01:14 PM
The Ironman has been a good meet in the past. This year its looking like its going to be a great meet... there's gonna be alot of iron moved on both days.

dbc3po
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Not that Im special but Im lifting at the ironman. Be cool to finally meet you Vin, you helped me out several years ago with a bench shirt, you likely dont remember that but I do. See you all there.

bencher8
01-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Sam, who runs the Train Station? How far is that from Nashville?

Chris Smith
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I will be lifting on Saturday--bench only at the Lexen meet. Training partners will be lifting on Sunday. Doing this meet because its close to home, plus good friends Paul Key, Luyando, Jeff Johnston are coming in, too. Hanging with friends is half the fun!!!

Smitty

bigbadwolfe
01-15-2011, 11:13 AM
I will be lifting on Saturday--bench only at the Lexen meet. Training partners will be lifting on Sunday. Doing this meet because its close to home, plus good friends Paul Key, Luyando, Jeff Johnston are coming in, too. Hanging with friends is half the fun!!!

Smitty

Damn I didnt make the list :(
Thanks Chris :)

Chris Smith
01-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Wolfey--you just live an hour away from me. I can see your ugly mug any time. lol. BTW--I have a newbie gonna do your meet in March up at your gym. We ought to get together and train some time soon.