PDA

View Full Version : How to follow a diet/healthy nutrition?

Josshua
01-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't follow any strict diet - I just want to exclude sweets and bread from my everyday meal. But everyday I still eat a candy or a cake, so I don't follow the way once chosen.

How to be strong in my decisions concerning nutrition?
*none of my friends sit on a diet, so they always eat candies, and me, I eat them with my mates...

Behemoth
01-17-2011, 10:32 PM
A little is fine. What are your goals?

JeffreyXL
01-18-2011, 10:31 AM
How bad do you want it? Its not hard its just discipline!

Raleighwood
01-18-2011, 11:01 AM
You focus on eating foods you like that fall under the nutritious category.

Avoid sugary and processed foods.

Don't freak out if you cheat or indulge, just make sure you are making the right choices 80-90% of the time.

Train hard and be smart about your intake given your goals and stats. It's not rocket science, but it does require consistency and discipline.

Behemoth
01-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Don't freak out if you cheat or indulge, just make sure you are making the right choices 80-90% of the time.

I like this advice a lot right here. Its something I did for years and it's a hard habit to break. If something breaks down on you diet and you deviate from it on occasion it's not a big deal. Don't freak out and think all is lost and dig yourself into a bigger ditch. Like he said, if you're being consistent 80-90% of the time, progress will continue.

rickyhyden
01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
# Eat a Nutritious Breakfast
After a long nights sleep it is important to refuel. It will help you do better in school. Some ideas for quick, healthy breakfast: Peanut butter on toasted whole-grain bread, Yogurt with fruit, Cheese slices on toast, and Fruit on cereals.

# Eat a variety of foods.
Your body needs nutrients and many different vitamins and minerals from a variety of foods. Balancing food choices from the Food Guide Pyramid and checking nutrition labels will help you to get the nutrients you need.