PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed

bkoman
01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to post because I noticed something with my energy levels. Since I started a new bulk 2 weeks ago I have really been force feeding myself. I try to take in 4200+ calories a day and I drink a half gallon of milk daily (milk is included in the daily total of calories). I happened to notice that my energy levels have up pretty high. On my previous bulk a few months ago I almost always seemed to be burnt out towards like 3 or 4 oclock p.m. even after I got 7-9 hours of sleep the night before. I think the lack of energy was because I was doing a 5x5 routine and I was "trying" to bulk but I don't think that 3300-3500 calories a day was enough. Lately my schedule has been quite crazy and ive only been managing 5-6 hours of sleep a night and I never seem to be tired. Also coupled with a lack of sleep my lifts have been going through the roof.

Just wondering if you think that all the extra energy is because im feeding myself properly with enough calories and if any of you have ever experienced something similar?

Discuss!

Dan Fanelli
01-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Could be that, or maybe 5-6 hours sleep is better for you

Behemoth
01-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Seems 3300-3500 was simply not enough for you to recover from over an extended period and you got burnt out. And while you may not necessarily need 4200+ to fuel you throughout most of your days activities, you do however need to keep up with it (or at least more than 3300-3500) long term to keep up with the recovery so you don't start to get burnt out again.

greemah
01-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Could be that, or maybe 5-6 hours sleep is better for you

Definately a possibility, my girlfriend gets 10 hours a nite and finds it hard to stay awake when it hits 8pm. But if she gets 7 hours she is awake and alive all night no problem

Bosch232
01-20-2011, 09:01 PM
It could be that your insulin levels are fluctuating differently now vs. the previous time. Not saying it IS, just saying it COULD be.

Behemoth
01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
It could be that your insulin levels are fluctuating differently now vs. the previous time. Not saying it IS, just saying it COULD be.

Really, it's the blood sugar that will have the effect on the energy, insulin just moderates it.