PDA

View Full Version : excel sheet for juggernaut method

gmen5681
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
here is the link to the upload. check it out let me know what you think. after talking to a few people and hearing their input i changed it to fit the program better.

Jugg Method (http://www.mediafire.com/?314yowvqm6s32ev)

Cmanuel
01-23-2011, 10:45 PM
his name is chad wesley smith.

Send me a PM with your email.

gmen5681
01-24-2011, 05:59 AM

pm sent. thank you.

gmen5681
01-24-2011, 05:56 PM
i killed some time today and just made one. so if anyone is interested in it just hit me up with your email and i will send it to you.

geoffsherman
01-24-2011, 07:52 PM
i killed some time today and just made one. so if anyone is interested in it just hit me up with your email and i will send it to you.

PM Sent

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 04:43 AM
all those who sent me a PM i emailed you the copy of the spreadsheet.

Brian Hopper
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM

Thanks!!!

KoSh
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Figure this is as good a place as any for this...

What are you guys planning on doing for assistance work? I'm not sure I'm going to follow any of the templates, to be honest.

I've been doing an accessory write up that's worked great for me, so I may stick to that and implement the juggernaut method for my main lifts...

Cmanuel
01-25-2011, 08:32 AM
I have a spreadsheet available as well. Not sure If mine is as good as Gmen's because I haven't seen his...but I can provide it to anyone. Just send me a PM w/ your email address.

FWIW I actually stopped doing this method because I have a meet coming up. I would probably run a full cycle or more of juggernaut if I knew I didnt have any competitions approaching

Brian Hopper
01-25-2011, 08:34 AM
For those that are using it or tried it, how do you like it?

KoSh
01-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm curious as well.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I have a spreadsheet available as well. Not sure If mine is as good as Gmen's because I haven't seen his...but I can provide it to anyone. Just send me a PM w/ your email address.

FWIW I actually stopped doing this method because I have a meet coming up. I would probably run a full cycle or more of juggernaut if I knew I didnt have any competitions approaching

just so you know i have been sending both mine and yours out. yours is a lot better, mine is just easier to print because i put the waves on seperate sheets.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 09:46 AM
Figure this is as good a place as any for this...

What are you guys planning on doing for assistance work? I'm not sure I'm going to follow any of the templates, to be honest.

I've been doing an accessory write up that's worked great for me, so I may stick to that and implement the juggernaut method for my main lifts...

i just plan on doing the accessories from what he reccomends. i was going to do the accessories from 5/3/1 BBB but that would mean im doing almost 8 sets of 10 on the first wave.

KoSh
01-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey g, quick Q on your spreadsheet...

You have it set so that I'd put my working maxes in the blanks, correct?

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey g, quick Q on your spreadsheet...

You have it set so that I'd put my working maxes in the blanks, correct?

on the first sheet (the 10s wave) at the top you just put in your maxes there, the numbers are in red. and that will change the numbers for all the sheets.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 10:41 AM
all the guys that PMed me that i emailed, i modified the spreadsheet a little and will re-send it.

austin.j.taylor
01-25-2011, 11:16 AM
PM sent

Cmanuel
01-25-2011, 12:06 PM
just so you know i have been sending both mine and yours out. yours is a lot better, mine is just easier to print because i put the waves on seperate sheets.

I thought I had the page breaks set up to where it prints on different pages.....hmmm

pmm10990
01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Just sent you a PM, gmen.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 01:26 PM
I thought I had the page breaks set up to where it prints on different pages.....hmmm

maybe its set up that way on yours and didnt transfer when it was emailed?

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
ive sent the spreadsheet out to about 25 people now, i just hope all of you give some respect back to chad wesley smith. if you havent done so yet you should really get his book. its a really easy and quick read and very imformative. just having the spreadsheet isnt going to do it all for you, you have to understand the program as well and how it works. here is a link to his book, please read it, its very well written.

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=114&pid=3730

JeffreyXL
01-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Why not upload it so we can download it?

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
seriously? your asking me to basically steal from both elitefts and chad's pockets. how about you show a bit of gradituted and spend the 20 bucks on the book and learn something on it. not trying to be a dick but thats a pretty shady thing to ask for, especially since i spent 20 bucks and i know KoSh and Cmanuel bought the book too.

JeffreyXL
01-25-2011, 01:56 PM
seriously? your asking me to basically steal from both elitefts and chad's pockets. how about you show a bit of gradituted and spend the 20 bucks on the book and learn something on it. not trying to be a dick but thats a pretty shady thing to ask for, especially since i spent 20 bucks and i know KoSh and Cmanuel bought the book too.

I'm not talking about the book just about the excel sheet. I mean what difference does it make if we send our email so someone can send it or just upload it so it easier for us all.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 03:40 PM
i dont know how to do that. someone that i sent it to can upload it if they want.

Cmanuel
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah I'm down for people wanting to upload the spreadsheet. Its like 5/3/1, all of the components are out there on the EFS in some form or another, so its not exactly copyright issues.

Cmanuel
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
For those that are using it or tried it, how do you like it?

The program is pretty sound actually. I like how you use the higher rep waves (10s, 8s) to build a good base and put on some size (it actually helped me while I was bulking) and then you peak with the 5s and 3s waves.

I only ran the 10s waves and realized I have a meet approaching that would be right in the middle of a 16 week juggernaut cycle, so I decided to go back to 5/3/1 for the time being. I think this program is best ran if you have a full 16-18 weeks to devote to training this style.

The 10 rep waves killed me but only because I pretty much have exclusively trained in the 5 or less rep range for the last 14 or so months. I am NOT used to squatting heavy for sets of 10!!! So it was a conditioning as well as a lactic acid tolerance challenge at times.

Honestly I will probably go back to juggernaut after my competitions are over. With strongman season starting up (1-2 competitions a month) and throw in a few PL meets in the mix, I wont have another 16 weeks free from competing unless I skip a competition.

I think it can be tweaked also to maximize offseason gains too. For example, I was thinking about running the volume phases for both 10s and 8s in sequence before moving on to their next phases and so forth...

Cmanuel
01-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Also everyone who is interested, make sure to check out Paul Sousa's journal on this website as he is entering the final stages of his 8s wave of his first cycle.

pricedtosell
01-25-2011, 05:20 PM
I just started this today, squatted 5 sets of 10. It was a killer, I barely got through it. I've only worked with singles, doubles and triples for the squat, bench, deadlift and military press for quite a while now so the 5 sets of 10 was HARD.

I'm going to stick with it though. I really like the set up for the main lifts. I've been program hopping and doing my own thing way too much lately, so I think being on the Juggernaut Method and having everything planned out for the next 4 months will be good for me.

JTS is only 45-60 minutes away from me, I wouldn't mind going there to train sometime.

gmen5681
01-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I just started this today, squatted 5 sets of 10. It was a killer, I barely got through it. I've only worked with singles, doubles and triples for the squat, bench, deadlift and military press for quite a while now so the 5 sets of 10 was HARD.

I'm going to stick with it though. I really like the set up for the main lifts. I've been program hopping and doing my own thing way too much lately, so I think being on the Juggernaut Method and having everything planned out for the next 4 months will be good for me.

JTS is only 45-60 minutes away from me, I wouldn't mind going there to train sometime.

you should defintly make the trip out there at least once a month. just to get some good training and advice in. im about 1.5 hours away from eastcoast barbell. i want to make it up there sometime next month. their squat sessions are free so i would love to be apart of that.

gmen5681
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Finally just uploaded it rather than having to email. let me know what you guys think. thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmp94si2m7du5w

pricedtosell
02-09-2011, 05:19 PM
you should defintly make the trip out there at least once a month. just to get some good training and advice in. im about 1.5 hours away from eastcoast barbell. i want to make it up there sometime next month. their squat sessions are free so i would love to be apart of that.

I asked Chad how much it is to just train at Juggernaut for a day, he said $35. I definitely can't afford it, I'm broke. I'm in the realization week of the first month of TJM. I can't wait to start the 8's month, I don't think it'll suck as bad as the 10's month has.

Chad told me he's planning on releasing another book in June about how he trains grapplers and MMA fighters. I'm planning on getting back into BJJ and MMA training soon, so I'll be interested in checking that book out.

jellerbe
02-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Finally just uploaded it rather than having to email. let me know what you guys think. thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmp94si2m7du5w

As the reps decrease is the weight also supposed to decrease? I opened the sheet and entered my maxes and for some reason the 3's were lower than the 10's.

gmen5681
02-11-2011, 06:59 PM
As the reps decrease is the weight also supposed to decrease? I opened the sheet and entered my maxes and for some reason the 3's were lower than the 10's.

thats because you arent to that wave yet. once you get to week 3 of wave 1 and you enter in your reps completed it will calculate your maxes and auto put them into the next wave.

pricedtosell
02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah but I still don't see how his weight in the 3s month would be lower than it was in the 10s month, something's wrong there. Even if you never managed to do any more reps than the "rep standard" on the AMRAP sets and your training max was never increased as a result, the weights being used would still get progressively heavier because the sets are going from 10 reps to 8 to 5 to 3.

gmen5681
02-12-2011, 06:26 AM
its because he isnt to wave 3 yet, and hasnt entered the amount of reps he completed on week 3 of wave 1 or week 3 of wave 2. if you just enter your current maxes on the first page and skim through the sheets then yes the weights are going to be off for wave 2,3 and 4. but once you complete a wave and have entered the amount of reps that you completed for week 3 of wave 1 it will calculate the next wave for you based on how many reps you just performed on week 3 of that wave. go ahead and enter your maxes like normal and then on week 3 of wave 1 enter 1000 reps or whatever then look at the next wave. it will say you have to do like 800 lbs for AMRAP. the program designed by Chad is ment to work off your last wave, unlike 5/3/1 where it just has you stuck to a percentage until you re-do your maxes. i promise you the program is not screwed up, you just havent gotten through the waves to be able to see how the program is set up to calculate yet.

pricedtosell
02-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Ah, the spreadsheet I'm using has the "rep standards" already plugged in to each month, until you use your actual results for the AMRAP sets when you get there.

IronDiggy
02-15-2011, 08:40 AM
I just started JTS yesterday and I love the volume.

KoSh
02-15-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm on week 3 of the 10s wave. Its crazy stuff. The volume is so different for me on the main lift. Kinda fun.

gmen5681
02-15-2011, 11:27 AM
for those using the spreadsheet, the one that i put up there so you can download is updated and is really easy to use. so if you havent gotten that one yet i suggest it.

KoSh
02-15-2011, 11:46 AM
I plugged in my reps for 10 on bench. I got 19 on 215.

It estimates my max is 350... But that's NOT my new working max. So there's an error somewhere.

I got 19 reps with 215 with a working max of 285 for bench on the 10s wave.

19-10 (number of necessary reps) = 9.

9x2.5 = 22.5

22.5 + 285 = 307.5.

Rounded up that's 308.

My working max for the 8's wave should be 308.

It makes quite the difference, because it was setting my working max at my estimated 1RM (350).

The AMAP set on the 8's wave is 80%.

80% of 350 is 280. I doubt I get that for 8.

80% of 308 is 245. More realistic.

You're probably better with Excel than I am, but in the spot that you put Estimated 1RM, I'd change the formula so that it's your new working max.

pricedtosell
02-17-2011, 10:14 PM

It estimates my max is 350... But that's NOT my new working max. So there's an error somewhere.

The spreadsheet I'm using takes the number of reps from your AMRAP set and then uses it to calculate 90% of your max, which is your new working max. It doesn't calculate your actual max. Maybe that's what's happening?

IronDiggy
02-18-2011, 08:29 AM

I got 19 reps with 215 with a working max of 285 for bench on the 10s wave.

19-10 (number of necessary reps) = 9.

9x2.5 = 22.5

22.5 + 285 = 307.5.

Rounded up that's 308.

My working max for the 8's wave should be 308.

It makes quite the difference, because it was setting my working max at my estimated 1RM (350).

The AMAP set on the 8's wave is 80%.

80% of 350 is 280. I doubt I get that for 8.

80% of 308 is 245. More realistic.

You're probably better with Excel than I am, but in the spot that you put Estimated 1RM, I'd change the formula so that it's your new working max.

It looks like he has it recalculating your 1rm then adding the 5lbs per rep. I might have to fix this up. Too bad I already modified the old one for myself.

*Edit* - I updated the spreadsheet so that the progression is correct. I did set the OHP to 2.5/rep instead of 5 lbs being that my OH is so weak. - http://cid-6302a65983d8fc63.office.live.com/view.aspx/.Public/jugg%20method%20spreadsheet^52^6.xlsx

KoSh
02-18-2011, 10:14 AM
The spreadsheet I'm using takes the number of reps from your AMRAP set and then uses it to calculate 90% of your max, which is your new working max. It doesn't calculate your actual max. Maybe that's what's happening?

If you read the book, it seems to state (I say seems because it's completely possible I'm a moron) that don't use 90% of whatever number it is you come up with. You use that number.

So, for instance.

I did 19 reps with 215 on bench.

That's 9 over and 2.5 each. That works out to 22.5.

My working max for the 10s Wave was 285.

Add 22.5 to that. That gives me 307.5, rounded up 308. THAT is my working max for the 8s Wave.

It's not 90% of 308. It's 308.

And no, the spreadshet that was posted by gmen gives you your projected 1RM based off your AMRAP set.

It uses Wendlers (Weight x Reps x .033) + Weight formula to find your projected max and then it uses that to give you your numbers.

IronDiggy
02-18-2011, 10:26 AM
If you read the book, it seems to state (I say seems because it's completely possible I'm a moron) that don't use 90% of whatever number it is you come up with. You use that number.

So, for instance.

I did 19 reps with 215 on bench.

That's 9 over and 2.5 each. That works out to 22.5.

My working max for the 10s Wave was 285.

Add 22.5 to that. That gives me 307.5, rounded up 308. THAT is my working max for the 8s Wave.

It's not 90% of 308. It's 308.

And no, the spreadshet that was posted by gmen gives you your projected 1RM based off your AMRAP set.

It uses Wendlers (Weight x Reps x .033) + Weight formula to find your projected max and then it uses that to give you your numbers.

This is correct from that I understood. You're supposed to add to you working 1rm at the end of each wave, not recalculate and add, that would get way to heavy way to fast. But it is handy to have the way gmen set it up, just needed some tweaks.

KoSh
02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
This is correct from that I understood. You're supposed to add to you working 1rm at the end of each wave, not recalculate and add, that would get way to heavy way to fast. But it is handy to have the way gmen set it up, just needed some tweaks.

Agreed. Knowing the projected max is pretty cool. Obviously, its not a tough formula, but if you can know it without having to do tons of math, it's a great addition. The only issue I have with gmens' spreadsheet is the calculation to the next waves working max. So yeah, a slight tweak makes all the difference and gmens' good excel sheet becomes a great excel sheet.

pricedtosell
02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I didn't mean that you take 90% again, I just explained myself inccorrectly. Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

joemeglio
02-18-2011, 09:52 PM
I did an awesome interview with Chad Smith for my website a few weeks back.

Great info. Let me know what you think

http://megliofitness.com/the-juggernaut-method-interrogatory-with-chad-wesley-smith/

cjeverson
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM

cjeverson2004@yahoo.com

gmen5681
02-21-2011, 05:37 PM
im trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. the spreadsheet calculates your 1RM off of the AMRAP week. and then takes that new 1RM over to the next wave. i may be wrong but i thought chad said in his book to use that number and not to add the 5 or 2.5 pounds to the 1RM for the next wave. i think i do need to do the 90% for the carry over from the last wave. i think its bringing the 1RM calculation to the next wave as is and not the 90% or as chad calls it your training max. i will play with it tomorrow and try and get it figured out.

gmen5681
02-21-2011, 06:13 PM
i made it so that instead of the 1RM calculated from the as many reps as possible week it does 90% of that number to carry over to the next wave.
Juggernaut method (http://www.mediafire.com/?3fk3ctba3qa53rz)

if there was something else you guys were talking about that needed to be changed let me know and i will fix it. i want to get it perfect and then make a droid app out of it.

KoSh
02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
G,

You don't need to know your projected 1RM. That's not the program.

How it works is on your AMRAP week, you take however many over that wave's number (so 10, 8, 5 or 3, depending on the wave you had just completed).

From there, if it's a lower body lift you use 5 pounds per rep over your wave number.

If it's an upper body lift you use 2.5 pounds per rep over your wave number.

So let's say on the 8's wave, I get 13 reps on squat. Just for examples sake we'll say my training max was 320. Whatever weight I used on the AMRAP day is irrelevent.

13 reps is 5 above 8.

That's 5 reps.

It's a lower body lift... SO add 5 pounds for every rep over.

5x5 = 25

You add that to your LAST working max. So I started the 8s Wave with a working max of 320, now I add 25 to that number. My working max for the 5s wave is now 345. You're NOT taking 90% of that number. You use that number.

gmen5681
02-22-2011, 01:20 PM
alright, i will fix this and re upload it and you can tell me what you think. ill try to get to it tonight. if not ill get to it tomorrow afternoon.

GrantHeston
02-28-2011, 11:42 AM
G, Did you ever get a chance to fix the numbers? I just finished the book and am planning on starting on Monday. I'd love to have a copy of your spreadsheet once you get it fixed.

IronDiggy
02-28-2011, 10:29 PM
im trying to figure out what you guys are talking about. the spreadsheet calculates your 1RM off of the AMRAP week. and then takes that new 1RM over to the next wave. i may be wrong but i thought chad said in his book to use that number and not to add the 5 or 2.5 pounds to the 1RM for the next wave. i think i do need to do the 90% for the carry over from the last wave. i think its bringing the 1RM calculation to the next wave as is and not the 90% or as chad calls it your training max. i will play with it tomorrow and try and get it figured out.

This should be the way it's set up (http://cid-6302a65983d8fc63.office.live.com/view.aspx/.Public/jugg%20method%20spreadsheet%5E52%5E6.xlsx?wa=wsignin1.0)

gmen5681
03-01-2011, 05:08 AM
i sent you the new spreadsheet iron. did you get it?

brother_boon
03-01-2011, 09:10 AM

could you send me the spreah sheet please? mcneesed@gmail.com

hug dog
03-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Would you mind sending it to me as well. Thanks jah2707@hotmail.com

gmen5681
03-01-2011, 10:27 AM
sent

IronDiggy
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
i sent you the new spreadsheet iron. did you get it?

I did, I tried replying but it failed. I still haven't really looked over it yet.

Erwinspears
03-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Can I get the spreadsheet to erwinspears@hotmail.com

trumayhem
03-30-2011, 04:32 AM
I am looking for the spreadsheet too...

gmen5681
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
check my signature. i have both versions of the spreadsheet for which excel program you use. if you use open office use the first link for excel 2007.

zhucelun789
03-30-2011, 08:22 PM

zzmaster
05-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi! The spreadsheet you uploaded for some reason is not working.. Can you please email it to me? I've been looking for this.. Thanks in advance :)