PDA

View Full Version : Titan Velocity v's Metal King DL (sumo / IPF versions)

-JM-
01-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Just wanted to hear what peoples thoughts and opinions are with either of these suits?

Has anyone used both and would strongly recommend one over the other?

I use my back a lot on the pull. Metal state that theirs is ideal for that style.

NickAus
01-29-2011, 08:49 PM
I have not used them.

I spoke to a guy who has pulled 705@198 and he said they are both good, the legs were too tight and cut him bad on the metal (multi ply on both suits).

Hope someone with some personal experiance can help.

kingns
01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Since no one has answered I will jump in. I have not used both, but have a velocity and get a lot of pop out of it. Its a conventional but with a sumo stance in it I get good support too. A training partner of mine has a sumo velocity and gets a very good carryover out of it. I dont know anyone with a metal, but from my understanding, the velocity is the best single ply deadlift suit out there. Hope that helps.

basbolstar
01-31-2011, 07:05 AM
I have a Metal. It rips my legs apart. It is tough getting into pos. but once you do it explodes.

Nic,what suit does ur buddy @198 use now?

douglasoh5
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Go with the metal.

SELK
01-31-2011, 01:44 PM
If you use mostly your back, you are not going to get a hell of a lot of carryover no matter what suit you use. I am the same way.. and I do use the metal (king with velcro) and find I get maybe 20-30lbs out of it.

NickAus
01-31-2011, 02:12 PM
I get about 70-80 out of my briefs, going to get a king pro sumo nice and loose to go over the briefs and then crank the straps.

NickAus
01-31-2011, 02:18 PM
I have a Metal. It rips my legs apart. It is tough getting into pos. but once you do it explodes.

Nic,what suit does ur buddy @198 use now?

Hey bro,

Titan V.

Ben F Burgess
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
Just wanted to hear what peoples thoughts and opinions are with either of these suits?

Has anyone used both and would strongly recommend one over the other?

I use my back a lot on the pull. Metal state that theirs is ideal for that style.
Check out vids of the IPF worlds...id say more people are pulling sumo in the Metal stuff. Ive got an old Metal suit that is still great for sumo - the material is just kind of stretchier than the titan which is better for pulling IMO

-JM-
02-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all the responses, guys. It looks like Metal gets the vote.